SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lollsb

Need ideas for small powder room/laundry room off of family room

last month

We are updating 3 bathrooms. This one is the downstairs half bath, laundry combo but it's right off my family room, so very public. This is layout. Washer is new and dryer is very old, but gas and works beautifully so though doesn't match washer, we are spraying it white to match and don't care that its size is off from washer. When it dies, will deal with it then. Currently have HD oak veneer vanity that is 25 yrs old w Corian top. No more oak! Want undermount sink as vanity can only be 30". It says 31" below but hubs measured wrong. Getting new toilet, floor, vanity, sink, faucet, and will paint. Layout is pretty much staying the same for vanity, toilet, and W/D. W/D area is a mess. Have 2 cabinets and 2 open shelves currently. Thinking of either doing cabinets across the whole area above w/d or can put 2 bigger cabinets in and replace open shelving and then organize it better. This area gets cluttered, which looks awful. Dilemma is how to make laundry area look better while NOT replacing w/d with stackables, and what to do for tile floor and vanity that flows ok into my family room and not look weird. I love fun pattern tile but that doesn't work with its location being where it is. Saving the fun tile for my bathroom upstairs. I don't love the color grey. My family room is not that big, and has a cherry mantle over fireplace. That's about it for wood in there, besides a cherry looking bookcase. Though a colonial, it's very transitional decor. I like comfortable, but not boring. My carpet in family room is plum, which I love, but it's getting old and we will replace within next 2 years. This is what the bathroom abuts, basically. Love tile with movement, but wondering for such a small space, if more solid color that has consistency would be better with the 12x24 tiles. I def want to keep it fairly light but thinking shouldn't go too light on floor since high traffic area. I have no real design sense, I'm aware. So please be kind as I find this stuff intimidating. I know what I don't like more then what I like. Ideas? Budget is fairly flexible. I've lived with this crap a long time so clearly don't reno often (enough.) Ha!

Comments (23)