SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_60591486

Perpetual yield strategies

Tom Connolly
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Intro: I am going to start some spinach plants tomorrow - sooo excited! I have been reading about HP for a couple of years. My goal is to have a perpetual yield of fruits and vegetables (as much as is possible). I am undertaking this study as a part of my lifelong desire (since I was 12) to have a homestead/farm. Now....well, let's just say that I am closer to 30 yo than 20 ;)

Question: I have noticed that plants' nutrient requirements change during their growspan. For example, with some seeds, until they have a pair of leaves, they don't need any nutriend solution. After they have 2 leaves, they are fed .6 strength nutrient solution for x days, then full strength for x weeks and finally something different a few days before harvest. If any of you are growing in a perpetual harvest model, how do you deal with the practical side of that? I am not growing for sale but to support 4 people. This means that every 2 weeks I will be starting new spinach plants, ever week new lettuce (3 kinds) every 4-6 weeks new tomatoes, etc.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES