SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_948801350

Pls help, don't know what to do designing and furnishing living room

SingleVisual1 1
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Edit: I've reorganized and summarized the post.

Struggling to figure out what and where to buy and tie all the pieces together in my small layout.

No matter what I do, I think I will have to live with atleast 1 problem.

Floor plan:

font color is NOT black = added manual measurements for additional info due to software limitation

Measurements all in inches unless noted

Note:

-Plan to change sofa & recliner chair from black to Light grey or Gunnared beige

-No overhead ceiling light

-Using mini split for heat, haven't been cold enough in NY to tell if I need radiators

-Fridge is not pushed in against the wall so it's blocking the window a little

-Plan to get back tab curtains trimmed down to the floor for all 3 windows, current one is temporary

-Plan to get 6'x9' rug high pile, pillows, throw, coffee table

-Plan to add plants and small lamps by/on tv stand or bookcase

Layout #1 (current)

Potential Issues:

1) I can't move TV left and away from the window bc sofa also needs to be moved to align directly center with the TV causing no walkable space between sofa and the barstools chairs

2) TV too close to sofa (even less if I hang full length curtains to the floor) less than 50in between

3) Limited art placement options, mayb 1 behind the sofa.

is it weird to hang art left of the tv which is middle of the wall next to the dining table?

Sofa: 74" or 82"?

Layout #2

Sofa: Ikea Kivik

Any recommedations/links on what to get.

I'm opened to any suggestions like switching out dining chairs or table to white, etc.

Plzzz help and thank you!

No budget, if it's quality and reasonable if that makes sense. Also, in case I grow out of decisions and want to change it again.

I've looked at room&board, EthanA, PotteryB, Arhaus, Article, and many others.

Comments (30)