SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sign2me

I don't know about this layout. Long, narrow master br/closet pls help

Lianne
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I need to make a decision about the master bathroom/closet and the guest bath.

We've just bought a home and we've gutted the master bathroom, closet and the area labeled Bath 3 (we were going to make that space a laundry room but it has to be a guest bathroom now).

So the space is pretty narrow (the WIC and Bath 3 are actually only 57", not 5'6" as labeled. My husband and I are super simple folks..we don't need a big bathroom or a big closet. By trying to leave the window where it is we managed to make a long bathroom and short closet. When were discussing it on site with the contractor, it seemed fine but now seeing it on paper, I'd like to balance it out a little. I think it may be as simple as moving the master toilet to the left a bit and then the linen cab to the left of the sink which would give the closet a little bit of space- BUT, it would be super convenient to have the linen cabinet for hair/makeup etc by the vanity/mirror which is to the right of the sink.

Another option would be to take space from the Bath 3 for the closet. We don't need a shower in that bathroom but we would like to add an exterior door in the future so we need space on the exterior wall for a door.

How can we make this better?

Comments (102)