SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kels_ha84

Troubles furnishing L-shaped Living/Dining room

Kels Ha
2 months ago

I have a small L-shaped living/dining room, and I'm having troubles organizing the furniture so it flows well and opens up nicely. I attached some rough designs so you get a visual and I would love some suggestions!
As you can see from the original floor plans (my place is flipped), there is a hallway leading to the area which has a door opening to the basement, so I can't have furniture against there. This hallway isn't shown in my virtual designs. I decided to use the dining space as the living room so I could wall mount a TV and not have a couch against the back window. The door next to the back window leads to the backyard.
My place right now looks like the example design with the sectional, and although I love sectionals I'm thinking of switching it out for a loveseat and accent chairs so it feels less stuffy. I also currently have a rectangular dining table but thinking of switching it out for a round one.
I would love to have a coffee/bar console and a mini fridge but not sure where the best spot is for that.
The back corner shelf next to the window is where my router is.
Not sure how to furnish the area by the backyard door. And what type of curtains/blinds to put since it's right next to the door and on top of some baseboard heaters.
Any suggestions on art/decor pieces as well?
Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)