SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_march91

Master bedroom/bathroom remodel

Nicole March
4 months ago

Looking for some ideas/inspiration/tips on a master bedroom and bathroom remodel.
My husband and I are renovating our farmhouse built in 1880. The walls are short, ceiling is slanted… doesn’t allow for a “easy” design. The bathroom is smaller and with the short walls the layout really needs to stay as is.

I have attached a few photos. The outside walls of the room on the left and right are only about 5.5’ high, and the wall with the window is about 7’ high…
Here’s my dilemma..
Prior to demo the room had a walk in closet. It was a very small, 1 wall, wire shelving hanging situation. Approx 4’ wide and 8’ long. It held all of my clothing plus towels and stuff for the bathroom.
After demoing the walls for the closet the room feels SO huge and spacious. I am considering doing built in cabinets vs a closet but am so unsure of the practicality of it. My husband has a large dresser he uses and I prefer my tops and jeans to be hung. I would also like to incorporate hanging our tv in the system if possible. I have a king bed which also takes up a lot of the space that I’m not willing to give up 😂

Can you guys give me some tips, ideas, or actual photos of your similar situations/closets? What I am finding on Pinterest is very.. “glamorous”. I am a very simple person and am on a Home Depot/Menards budget 😂

Comments (8)