SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmwalsh85

Rug help and Christmas tree location!

Julie Schmooley
5 months ago

Hi Houzz! Wasn’t sure if I should post on my old threads or post a new one and we’ll I can’t find my old post so here we go :)

We’ve only been here a year in our old farmhouse that took 5 years to renovate and already have had multiple furniture swaps, gotta love dogs who ruin furniture lol

This is our main family room, I got these red leather sofas from the Restore for $700. Do I love them? No. But they are clean, fit our very narrow space and keeps the smell of dog down lol. I don’t have loads of money to be putting towards furniture and things so trying to get creative. I bought this rug from Home Depot it was an amber Lewis which normally are fab but this one is so bad, it looks like the printer ran out of ink making it. I’m sure it’s just the style but I can’t handle it anymore.

So what do you think of this plaid indoor /outdoor rug? I think it adds something to the space and then I could do throw pilllows? The kitchen through the arch has blue cabinets as well so I thought this could be a way of making it tie together.

Also, thinking of moving the tv desk to the left and putting the Xmas tree in that corner this year. Other idea was putting it in between the sofas (husband wants this spot but I don’t like it as much as a corner).

Ignore the chair in the walkway, my MIL put it there yesterday to see how it looks. I think I want a 3x 12 runner for this walkway too.

Rugs are so hard for me so I appreciate all help! Attaching pics of room and close ups of current rug.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH