SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paadoggi

New vacation home living room and kitchen needs love

paadoggi
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

Greetings, design enthusiasts!

I'm on a mission to infuse a touch of luxury into my living room and open kitchen in Accra, Ghana, and I'm eager to tap into your expertise and creativity. While I aim to keep expenses within the $3,000 to $5,000 (roughly 55,000 ghana cedis which is a lot of money). I'm certain that this transformation will set the tone for the entire home. Your valuable insights on achieving a modern and welcoming ambiance without exceeding the budget would be greatly appreciated.

Here's some context about the spaces to guide your thoughts:

- *Renovation Plans*: I'm holding off on any major structural renovations for the time being, but I'm open to making minor improvements such as cabinet changes to enhance comfort and luxury.

- *Interior Design Focus*: I'm primarily concentrating on interior design and furniture additions to enhance aesthetics and the overall look and feel.

- *Potential Airbnb Use*: I'm contemplating the possibility of utilizing this space for Airbnb when I'm not around, so both functionality and style are crucial.

- *Furniture Reconsideration*: I'm also looking into replacing the existing furniture in the kitchen and living spaces to align with the new design.

- *Main Entrance*: The main entrance is located near the TV area, which adds an interesting aspect to the layout.

- *Structural Limitations*: As is typical with many West African buildings, our structure is predominantly brick-based from foundation to roofing. Therefore, any significant structural changes would necessitate such a build.

Your thoughts and ideas are highly encouraged, and I'm genuinely thankful for your time and attention. Looking forward to your input!

Comments (16)