SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_448258975

Are Renewal by Andersen worths their sky high quotes?

7 months ago

I recently received quotes to replace whole house windows (28 of them) and 2 patio sliding glass doors. As the existing 30 years old original double-pan builder grade windows are worn out, the sliding glass doors are difficult to open and close.

My requirements for the windows/doors are energy efficiency, provide protection from UV, due to our Phoenix roasting temperature.

I met with Reps from Milgard, and Renewal by Andersen (RBA).
I also visited a neighbor who replaced their windows and sliding doors with (RBA) in 2016. It is obvious, RBA's quality is way better than Milgard's. Milgard requires homeowner to hire painter to repaint around window and door openings after the installation, RBA requires no additional work after the installation.

The quote I got from RBA is $120,000. Yes, $120k. The interior of neighbors’ windows are wood color. RBA rep. said there would be $300.00 up charge for each window/door, so if I want this “two tone” feature, the quote will be around $130,000.

That is way more than the quote from Milgard. The neighbors said in 2016 they paid half of the quote of what I received now from RBA,

I wonder if it is worthwhile to pay the cost for RBA? If there are other windows/patio doors that fit my requirements without paying more than a brand new 2024 Mercedes Benz for them.

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Comments (2)