SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kws578

Experience with Renewal by Andersen windows?

KWS
5 years ago

We just got a quote from Renewal by Andersen for replacement windows in a house we just purchased. After mulling it over that night, we felt like the quote is ridiculously out of line price-wise. We were quoted over $8,000 to replace just one slider, with absolutely no bells and whistle or any upgrades added - standard color, standard hardware, no grilles, etc. The total cost for one slider (we actually have 3 and decided that we should convert 2 to windows because of the price!), and seven windows was $28,000.........which included a 25% promotional discount!

None of that seemed right, so I called my mother who is a designer and she talked to her window rep (who does Andersen), who said that the slider cost is $1,200 and no way does installation bring that up to $8,000. My husband emailed and asked if that was the best they could do, as we were quoted from someone else that the cost should be significantly lower, and he said that was the best they could do. So seems to me that this guy is a swindler, and now I do not trust anything Andersen related.

So, my questions are - 1) Does that quote seem out of control, or are we out of touch? 2) Is Renewal by Andersen super different than "normal" Andersen? and 3) Generally, what have other's experiences been with either this company or just replacing windows? Thanks! Oh, we are in California, if that helps with context at all.

Comments (63)