mcc371

OBF FALL FOR RECIPES in OCTOBER

mcc371
6 months ago

OBF Fall for Recipes in October

Signs up through October 9th

Partners posted October 10th

Please send by October 25th

We shall be focusing on recipes this month. I, have been canning what I have harvested so far. It seems to taste better during the Fall and Winter months.

You will make your partner a recipe card or small booklet that is garden related. please include two packets of seeds..if you know your partner enjoys growing vegetables or herbs, then send those. If you know your partner prefers flowers, send flowers. It would be a great idea, if when you sign up, you post what you prefer.

AND

Since we are talking recipes this month of October...

You will be required to post here various recipes by a given date.

Please post your favorite MAIN DISH

between Oct 9 and Oct 15

Please post an amazing SIDE DISH

between Oct 16 and Oct 22

Please post an incredible DESSERT

between Oct 23 and Oct 29

The recipes can be simple and fast is fine. You may have found one on the net you would like to share . The joy of cooking is new and unique recipes. We will also play some games shortly shortly.

Comments (60)

• ruthz
    6 months ago

I will sign up this month.

Tammy, thank you for hosting.

Easy Zucchini Lasagna sounds like something I will really like. I try to eat gluten free as much as possible.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Thanks canyonwind for letting us know. Have a great month. Lots of people busy this month and the coming months. Check in and play if ya have time.

• Related Discussions

new: obf ~~ october's party ~~

Q

Comments (150)
    Maryanne, I am finally here this morning, without the glass of wine. I apologize for not getting on last night to report my fantastic findings. I received the most WONDERFUL box! Maryanne's theme, "These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things"......... Each item was wrapped with a little note...so very nice! *A very nice card *Penzeys Spice catalogue *Penzeys Cinnammon *Iron Chef unseasoned Panko *Wonderful caramels...did you make???? *A box of Ball canning lids and bands *A vintage canning jar with powdered pectin........COOL! *Tags/metal holders to tag plants. Great idea using these for swap plants! * Several packages of cellophane holiday party gift bags...Halloween, Valentines, Christmas, anything goes.... *Zucchini Relish...I know you made this! I will be in to this tonight!! *A lovely canvas lunch tote *Tuscan style bread dipping herbs...(I love this stuff) with a dipping bowl!! *Fall note cards *Garden gloves *A little tote for whatever...have got my gloves and pruners tucked in here *Three books on CD...Fern Michaels "Pretty Woman" and "Hey, Good Looking", and Nora Roberts "Carolina Moon".....I have not read these!!!! i love books on tape/CD. *Little Pig Onion and Bacon Dip Mix....yum! *Paper coin envelopes for seeds *A book, "The 100 Best Small Towns in America".....oh my goodness!!! How did you know???? My husband and I have been on our quest to find the best place to live in America for years and years. Did I mention this in my OBF bio??? My husband saw this and laughed his tail off!! *Greenhouse with 36 peat pellets Maryanne, I can not thank you enough. These are a few of my favorite things as well. A perfect October party!! Happy Monday! Annie
    ...See More

new: obf october *hallmark moments*

Q

Comments (150)
    Alrighty! :O) Vina, if you think you know without a doubt who it is, wait until at least a few other ladies have guessed first, OK? That will give everyone a fair chance of guessing & winning! :o) LET THE GUESSING BEGIN!color>size> Only one guess at a time, please! The correct guesser of the secret agent will receive a prize (a surprise prize, of course!). Have fun!
    ...See More

NEW: obf october fabulous & fun x four

Q

Comments (144)
    Margo, Sue and Beth Congratulations.....Yeah Margo if you had not picked the number 7 I would have chosen it. It is my favorite number for God created the world in 7 days and it is the symbol of divine perfection. The whole word of God is founded upon the number seven. Beth-Happy to hear you are home and the wedding went well. Melinda-Nice Grandson buying you a computer....Looking forward to our next months swap. Hi Margaret....always so nice to read your posts. I have gotten into succulents and have them all over the house and in my office at work. It has been so much fun finding the right pots to put them in. Can't believe tomorrow is the first day of November...turkey day will be here soon. Shirley
    ...See More

OBF October Swap: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Q

Comments (103)
    What a sweet picture, Shirley. Everything for this swap has now been received. Now I can pass along my "oops moment" about the prizes. A few weeks ago I went to a craft store and saw some Peanuts fabric - it had copies of the comic strips on it. Perfect to make little gifts for the prizes I thought. Guess who couldn't find it a few weeks later? It's a bit of a joke around here about how I put things away and can't find them. Anyway, I thought the gnome fabric turned out really cute and one day I'll find that Peanuts fabric. I guess it's good it didn't have a seasonal print. I hope everyone enjoys Halloween this year. We don't get any trick or treaters out here, but I have my Halloween-Fall decorations out in several rooms so it looks festive for us here at home. Jeanne
    ...See More
  • mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Thanks Ruthz for joining us. Going to be lots of fun and more recipes to come!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

So far here is who is participating. C’mon everyone sign up it will be lots of fun.

Sandlapper_rose
    Smitties
    Ruthz
    Mcc371

• ruthz
    6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

I have too many favorites to choose one,

but this was a big hit at my house last night

(Please post your favorite MAIN DISH

between Oct 9 and Oct 15)

Crock pot

1 pkg. Country style ribs

sprinkle with favorite seasoning

Cook on low about 6 hours

Place on baking pan and brush with BBQ sauce

broil until bubbly

note* I use Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-b-que Seasoning - Original

and Head Country Original Bar-B-Q Sauce

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

That sounds delicious Ruthz.
    Hopefully more will show up to join.

Has anyone heard from Shirley ( brittanysgran) I haven’t seen her on in awhile. I sent her a message and didn’t get a reply. Hope she is okay.

• ruthz
    6 months ago

I haven't seen Shirley on Houzz in a long time. Not many people seem to be joining the swaps anymore.

• smitties
    6 months ago

We do a beef stroganoff that is not fancy but easy and quick.

Simply brown 1 lb ground beef with onion. Mushrooms are optional but my hubby doesn’t eat them.

Once onions are translucent and beef is brown, add one can of cream of mushroom soup along with about a half a can of water. Mix well. Add a little more water if needed.

While that is cooking, cook your egg noodles and once those are drained and ready, add sour creme to your sauce. i use 1/2 to 3/4 cup. We serve the sauce over the noodles.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 months ago

I won't have access to my computer for a bit so I'll log back in when I can - hopefully in just a few days.

• ruthz
    6 months ago

Am I missing a post with partners assigned?

• brittneysgran
    6 months ago

Hi ladies. So good to see this month's post. Everything always tends to slow down this time of year.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Glad to see you Shirley, everyone has wondered where you been? So glad you commented. Would you like to join us?

No Ruthz I haven’t assigned them yet, I was hopeful we might have more join.. I will make a post Sunday with partners.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 months ago

Thanks for the Beef Stroganoff recipe. I love it and will try making it this way,

I've been out of my home due to water damage and was able to move back in today. My cat, my dog and me - all in a hotel. The pets were very good though. More work to be done so I will be coming and going. The first hotel was less that 2 miles from home so that was nice.

I'll try to post a recipe over the weekend. Exhausted tonight. It was like packing for 2 little children plus me and I had areas of the house I had to pack up before I left.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Here is a game for us to play. It is called stirring the salsa pot.

Name something you might add to a salsa recipe?
    What would you put your salsa in?
    How many ingredients does it take to make a salsa?
    What do you think makes a salsa the best?

There is no wrong answers it is more of a discussion. But everyone who participates gets happy mail!! 🍀🍁🍂🌶️🫑🍅🌿🧅🤔🤣

• smitties
    6 months ago

My favorite salsa has 5 ingredients. I use tomatoes and onions finally chopped, add corn, lime juice, and cilantro. I only make fresh salsa. I am not fancy, just put it in a bowl. I think cilantro is the key ingredient to making it a true salsa for me. Some might say a spicy ingredient but I don’t care for spice.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

I don’t guess I have had salsa with corn, I’ll have to try that.

My salsa has tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. So there is 6 ingredients. But I fix mine in a bowl with lid and place in fridge for several hrs or serve next days to let the flavors incorporate and then we eat it. According to my husband the heat of the salsa makes it great. The hotter the better. For me I like mine mild to medium.
    Mine is just the traditional way I guess. I can most of mine if we aren’t eating it the next day and then I have several jars that we can eat or I can give as a gift.

• ruthz
    6 months ago

No set recipe here but usually same as yours, Tammy. We sometimes vary by using serrano instead of jalapeños and add garlic. I like mine mild.

I have had corn salsa. One of my favorite restaurants serves it with their Tex Mex salad. I try not to eat kernel corn because of Diverticular.

• ruthz
    6 months ago

Please post an amazing SIDE DISH

between Oct 16 and Oct 22.................................

We eat a lot of bean salad as a side.

No set recipe but I usually use

3 cans of *beans, rinsed and drained

onion

tomatoes

English Cucumbers

Avocado

any seasoning you like

any fresh or dried herbs you like

dressing ( I use a bottled Greek balsamic vinaigrette as hubby prefers it over homemade)

* I prefer Goya brand beans and usually use Pinto, Garbanzo and Kidney, Black or Pink.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Wow! Ruthz that sounds good!

Partners Exchange:

sandlapper_rose & Ruthz
    mcc371 & Smitties

Remember to also post your recipes this week.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Partners exchange:

Sandlapper_rose & Ruthz

mcc371 & Smitties

• sandlapper_rose
    6 months ago

Seeing the partner list! Sorry to have had so much going on this month and not posting more.

I'm a day late on the MAIN DISH, but here goes.

Basic Herb Quiche
    Ingredients: Pie dough for one 9-inch pie crust, 1 ½ cups grated cheese (Swiss, cheddar, Gruyere, or mozzarella in any proportion), ½ cup ricotta cheese (or feta, cottage or goat cheese), 5 eggs, 1 cup light cream (Half & Half), 1 teaspoon dill and 1 teaspoon parsley, or other dried herbs of your choice. Small container of fresh mushrooms and small to medium sweet onion (vidalia or similar.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a quiche pan or pie pan with pie dough. Sauté the mushrooms and onion in butter in a pan. Once they are tender, transfer them to a pie pan lined with pie dough. Top with the shredded cheese. Place the soft cheese (ricotta or substitute) in a blender, measure cream and add that along with the eggs and herbs. Mix on high speed for about 2 minutes. Pour over grated cheese, mushrooms, and onions. You are likely to have some of the batter left over and can bake it in a separate pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
    Variations: Of course you can leave out things you don't like (maybe mushrooms? But I love them!) and you can add things like one 10-oz. package of frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained, 1 cup chopped ham, or 1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained. I vary the ingredients at times and it has always turned out fine.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 months ago

Adding my SIDE DISH before I forget.

Bacon and Corn Chowder
    1/4 lb. bacon (cut into small pieces)
    1 med. onion, diced
    1/2 c. water
    1 c. finely chopped potatoes
    1/4 c. chopped celery
    1 cans cream style corn
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper Add milk to desired consistency

Fry or microwave bacon until crisp. Set aside. Sauté onions in oil about 5 minutes. Add water, celery and potatoes. Cover and cook over low heat until potatoes and celery are tender. Blend in creamed corn, bacon and milk and heat until all ingredients are warm or you can wait and sprinkle the bacon over the top of the chowder when you serve it. (For richer taste, you can use some half & half or other cream, but I've always made it using whole milk.)

• smitties
    6 months ago

Hi all, just got back late last night from a long weekend in California. Met my daughter and her family in San Diego to take the 18 month and 5 year old grandsons to Legoland for 2 days then a day at the beach. I am exhausted as we got back at 2 am. Will rest today and get caught up tomorrow. Tammy Tammy, will work on my trade as well.

• smitties
    6 months ago

Here is a delicious side salad we enjoy during the summer.

Broccoli Apple Salad

SALAD

1 head broccoli

½ cup purple grapes sliced in half

1 large apple any variety, diced

⅓ cup carrots shredded or julienned

¼ cup red onion diced

¼ cup bacon bits divided

¼ cup golden raisins

3 tablespoons sunflower seeds

DRESSING

¾ cup mayonnaise

¼ cup plain yogurt

3 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons white vinegar

Set aside 1 tablespoon bacon bits for garnish.

Toss all salad ingredients & remaining bacon in a large bowl.

Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, add to salad ingredients and toss to combine.

Garnish with reserved bacon bits and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Smitties I make a salad that is broccoli and cauliflower that has the same ingredients except no apples or grapes! And of course gotta have cubed cheese.. lol! Love my salads!!

• smitties
    6 months ago

Tammy, I am ready to mail. I have a list from 2021 and I am assuming it is your current address,

Oh, and your salad looks yummy.

• smitties
    6 months ago

Tammy, sent message

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Yes I have the same address, haven’t moved I am mailing out on Monday.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Macaroni Salad
    macaroni salad is a classic. This cold side dish is filled with macaroni, diced vegetables, and eggs, coated in a creamy and flavorful dressing.

Servings 12 servings

Ingredients
    8 ounces uncooked macaroni
    3 hard boiled eggs peeled and diced
    2 celery stalks diced
    ½ red bell pepper diced
    ½ medium red onion diced
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon dijon mustard
    ½ teaspoon salt
    ¼ teaspoon pepper
    ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    ¼ teaspoon paprika
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
    Instructions
    In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente pasta. Drain, rinse with cold water, and allow to cool to room temperature.
    In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Whisk to combine.
    Add macaroni, onion, celery, bell pepper, and eggs. Toss to evenly coat all ingredients.
    Pour macaroni salad into a serving dish and top with chopped parsley. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
    Notes
    Macaroni salad can be made the same day, or the day prior to serving. I'd recommend at least an hour of chilling in the refrigerator to allow all of your ingredients to cool and flavors to mix, but it can be served immediately.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

I tried these pancakes this morning, I liked them. My husband not so much he is a traditional kinda guy.. lol! He said that ain’t the way pancakes are made.

This is from one of my taste of home cookbooks.

• smitties
    6 months ago

Both those dishes look yummy Tammy. I sent your package out yesterday. Estimated delivery date is Monday so we will see.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 months ago

I mailed to Ruth a few days ago. I guess I forgot to follow up by posting it here. A beautiful sunny day here in NC with lots of leaves falling. Very little color in the trees at this point though.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Just got done picking more peppers, fixing to work on making pepper jelly, vinegar peppers, and a few Chile rellenos and poppers for the freezer.

• ruthz
    6 months ago

I mailed to Jeanne today.

Awesome looking peppers. Mine are just starting to make a few.

Please post an incredible DESSERT

between Oct 23 and Oct 29....................

Fall is a good time to make apple stuff. I love a good apple pie.

Basic Apple Pie

===============

5 or 6 apples

juice of half a lemon

1/2 cup of white sugar

1/2 cup of brown sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

cinnamon to taste (1 tsp.)

2 tablespoons flour (more if the apples are very juicy, less if not)

2 tablespoon butter

Heat oven to 425°F.

Peel and slice the apples. Squeeze half a lemon over slices and toss to coat. Add the sugars, flour and cinnamon and toss again.

Roll out bottom crust and line pie plate. Add apples, dot with 1 tablespoon of butter and cover with second crust. cut a couple of vent holes.

Place pie on bottom rack on a heated baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. This helps to cook the bottom crust.

Reduce heat to 375°F, and raise the pie to the middle rack. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. If the crust is browning too quickly, you can cover loosely with a piece of foil.

I brush the crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar before it goes into the oven. I've never had a problem with it scorching.

Optional

Brush bottom crust with egg wash (1 egg with 2 Tbs. water, pinch of salt)

1 TBS milk and 1 tsp. sugar for top of crust

• ruthz
    6 months ago

Received mail from Jeanne today.

Thanks so much for the great seed selection and cute card. . Love basil and milkweed.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 months ago

I haven't made this for a long time, but the recipe sounded simple and simple is good for me these days.

CHERRY CHEESE PIE

1 (9 in.) graham cracker crumb crust

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened

1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated)

1/3 c. lemon juice (the kind that comes in a bottle)

1 tsp. vanilla extract

Pie filling (cherry for this version) chilled

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk, blend thoroughly, Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust. Chill 3 hours or until set. Top with desired amount of pie filling before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Pecan cheesecake pie

Ingredients
    Crust:
    2 cups graham crackers, crumbed
    ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
    ½ cup butter, unsalted and melted
    Pecan Filling:
    ⅓ cup butter, salted
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs
    1 cup light corn syrup
    1 cup white granulated sugar
    1 ½ cups of chopped pecans
    Cheesecake:
    16 ounces cream cheese softened
    1 cup granulated sugar
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 ½ tbsp flour, all purpose
    1 tbsp vanilla extract
    3 eggs
    ½ cup sour cream
    Pecan Topping:
    ¼ cup butter, salted
    ⅓ cup light brown sugar
    ½ tsp vanilla extract
    ¼ cup heavy cream
    1 cup chopped pecans
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 325*
    Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray lightly
    Prepare the crust first
    Press the crust into the prepared springform pan
    Bring the crust part way up the sides of the pan
    Place the pan and crust into the freezer to chill while you make the filling
    In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat
    Combine the sugar, corn syrup, the eggs, vanilla and pecans( it is best to not add the eggs first, you could end up with breakfast eggs).
    Stir continuously to keep the ingredients mixed well.
    Reduce the heat and simmer until the mix thickens
    Pour this filling into the prepared crust and set to the side
    Cream the cream cheese and sugar together and then add in the salt and the flour
    Stir in the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time. Add the sour cream and beat until just mixed, do not over mix
    Pour this mix into the pan on top of the pecan filling, using spoonfuls to do this. Do not pour as you will move the filling and pecans
    Wrap the bottom of your springform pan tightly on the bottom with aluminum foil. Use a couple of layers of foil.
    Place the springform pan into a pan that is larger than the springform pan
    Pour water into the outer pan part way up the foil. This is called a water bath
    Place the pans into the oven and bake for 1 hour, just until the cheesecake is still slightly jiggly
    Turn the heat off for the oven, leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes, then crack the door open just slightly and continue to leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes to cool
    Place the cheesecake on the counter, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap once it is completely cooled. Then place it in the refrigerator overnight to chill.
    The next day, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and prepare the topping
    Melt the butter and brown sugar together in a pan
    Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
    As it thickens, it will also become a darker color.
    Remove from the heat and stir in the heavy cream and the vanilla
    Spoon this topping over the top of the cheesecake
    Enjoy!

• smitties
    6 months ago

Tammy, did you receive my package? If not, I can run out to the car for the DC #.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 months ago

Ruth, I received your package. Thank you so much. Along with a card that Ruth created, these seeds: Garlic Chives (grew them in SC so I'll be happy to have them here), Desert Willow, and Poppy Bread Seed Peony Blend - as well as 2 recipes that I will try: Sausage & Spinach Crustless Quiche and Cottage Cheese Muffins. Both sound good and thanks for everything.

• ruthz
    6 months ago

Tammy, thank you for hosting this month. I'm hoping to try some of the awesome recipes soon.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Ingredients
    Crust:
    Pecan Filling:
    ⅓ cup butter, salted
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs
    1 cup light corn syrup
    Cheesecake:
    1 cup granulated sugar
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 tbsp vanilla extract
    3 eggs
    ½ cup sour cream
    Pecan Topping:
    ¼ cup butter, salted
    ⅓ cup light brown sugar
    ½ tsp vanilla extract
    ¼ cup heavy cream
    1 cup chopped pecans
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 325*
    Prepare the crust first
    Combine the sugar, corn syrup, the eggs, vanilla and pecans( it is best to not add the eggs first, you could end up with breakfast eggs).
    Cream the cream cheese and sugar together and then add in the salt and the flour
    Stir in the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time. Add the sour cream and beat until just mixed, do not over mix
    Pour this mix into the pan on top of the pecan filling, using spoonfuls to do this. Do not pour as you will move the filling and pecans
    Wrap the bottom of your springform pan tightly on the bottom with aluminum foil. Use a couple of layers of foil.
    Place the pans into the oven and bake for 1 hour, just until the cheesecake is still slightly jiggly
    Turn the heat off for the oven, leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes, then crack the door open just slightly and continue to leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes to cool
    Place the cheesecake on the counter, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap once it is completely cooled. Then place it in the refrigerator overnight to chill.
    The next day, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and prepare the topping
    Enjoy!

• smitties
    5 months ago

Apple Slab Pie with Crumble Topping

Ingredients

Pie

Streusel

• 1cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/2cup sugar
    • 1/4cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
    • 1/2cup cold butter, cut into small pieces

Heat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle.

Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold extra crust even with edges of pan.

In large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and apple pie spice. Stir in apples to coat. Spoon apple mixture into crust-lined pan.

In medium bowl, mix Streusel ingredients, cutting in butter with fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apples.

Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until crust is golden brown, filling is bubbling and streusel is browned. Cool on cooling rack 45 minutes before serving.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Pecan cheesecake

Ingredients
    Crust:
    Pecan Filling:
    ⅓ cup butter, salted
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs
    1 cup light corn syrup
    Cheesecake:
    1 cup granulated sugar
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 tbsp vanilla extract
    3 eggs
    ½ cup sour cream
    Pecan Topping:
    ¼ cup butter, salted
    ⅓ cup light brown sugar
    ½ tsp vanilla extract
    ¼ cup heavy cream
    1 cup chopped pecans
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 325*
    Prepare the crust first
    Enjoy!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Sorry Margo I am late posting this. But I love it all and there is several recipes I am gonna try. Thank you especially for the kiwi blue seeds and the others as well. The pedi / mani has already gotten used. Such a great pkg! Thank you!!

It has been a rough month hubby has been in hospital a little over a week now with Covid but to me I think he has pneumonia. I hope everyone enjoyed this month. I look forward to hopefully join or host again sometime.

🎃Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween 🎃

• smitties
    5 months ago

Tammy, thank you for hosting and I hope hubby is doing better. I am glad you liked the package.

• sandlapper_rose
    5 months ago

Thanks for hosting, Tammy. Get well wishes to your husband!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Thank y’all! It was so much fun and I have got to go back and finish copying down y’all’s recipes.

We appreciate the prayers.

• smitties
    5 months ago

Received my surprise direct from Baker Creek. Thank you Tammy and thank you for hosting.

• brittneysgran
    5 months ago

Yeah I get to post again. I would love to share this recipe with everyone. Never have I had more requests for a recipe than this one. Please try it.

Frosted Cauliflower Recipe

Makes 4 to 6 servings

Ingredients

1 large head cauliflower

for frosting:

1 cup mayonnaise

½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1 teaspoon lemon juice

paprika

Directions

Remove core and green leaves from cauliflower head. Place in plastic cooking bag and cook in microwave

on high for 5 minutes with core-side down and 5 minutes with core-side up (about 4 minutes on each side for medium-sized head.)

Prepare frosting in a small bowl: mixing grated Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard and lemon juice into mayonnaise.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove cauliflower head from bag and place in an oven-proof dish such as a 10” glass pie plate.

Spread frosting over the entire top and sides of cauliflower. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until cheese

is melted (bubbling.) Serve immediately.

Note: this is a family favorite and can become addictive!

• brittneysgran
    5 months ago

Tammy prayers for your Husband.