Houzz Logo Print
satine100

Manipulation under anesthesia may be happening

3 years ago

I had posted previously about the possibility of having to have this procedure and after visiting my ortho surgeon yesterday it seems more likely. I am very resistant to having this done for several reasons. I am exhausted from the original surgery and pt I have been doing and the thought of basically starting over seems impossible. If I decide to proceed it needs to be done soon. I am going on a transatlantic cruise October 15-30 and am unsure what my condition will be then. I am traveling with a friend and if I have to cancel it would greatly affect her. I am just so torn about what to do. The surgeon is switching me to hydrotherapy and is putting me on pain meds, muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory meds and is giving me three weeks to improve my range of motion. I am at my wits end trying to make a decision: have the manipulation done now; give it three weeks; not have it done at all which would leave me with a stiff knee. I could wait until after the cruise to have it done but the chance of a good outcome declines after 12 weeks post surgery. I don't expect anyone to make the decision for me but would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has had the procedure done .

Comments (11)