SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lef2009

I'd really appreciate some help with an Ikea kitchen.

lef2009
7 months ago
last modified: 7 months ago

I am trying to redo a small kitchen with Ikea cabinets. It's only 9x11 and (as you can see in the attachment) it has three doorless doorways that are essential to the flow of the house, so none of them can go away. There's only one window and we'd like to leave the sink there, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how best to do that without creating useless space in the upper right hand corner (below).

The plan below -- with a 36" sink cabinet about 18" from the top wall is the best I've been able to do. (The cabinets next to the refrigerator are tall; everything else is standard base and wall.). I am wondering if I could use Ikea's 47" blind corner base and put a sink on the right side. The space in the corner would be of limited use, but it wouldn't be completely useless.

If that's unrealistic and I were to keep this 36" cabinet, is there a hack that would let me use 3 12"-wide doors -- the left one would be mostly hidden (and would not open, of course), but the other 2 could open. Is this crazy or possibly do-able?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have on this!

Comments (11)