SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joancog

Ranch built 1950 bathroom demo before and after

8 months ago

My dated 8 x 6 bathroom with 70 year old cast-iron tub and oversized vanity needed a facelift. I hired an amazing contractor who understood my vision. We demolished the tub, replacing it with a stand up glass enclosed shower, installed a Harvey slider window for light, a Schluter floor heat system under penny tiles, and added and updated all the lighting. I purchased an old sewing machine in a secondhand store, sanded/stained/polyurethaned and replaced caning with brass screening. That became my new vanity. The bathroom is much more spacious now. Lots of good finds on Facebook marketplace, like the Sputnik light and rectangular vessel sink. I spent the money where I wanted it, which was on pale blue Hexagon Spanish tile for the shower and Rohl Tenerife antique gold fixtures. Toilet is Kohler Memoirs comfort height with a satin brass lever. The bathroom is so much lighter and brighter and feels so much more spacious. Because storage is premium in my 860 ft.² home, shelving was added where the tub was situated. What do you think?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH