SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

DIY bathroom reno finally complete! Before and after pics

polly929
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi all, I've been a gardenweb member since '07 when we bought our fixer upper home. Every year DH and I have completed a major project in our 110 year old home. We bought it from an estate and the last updates to the home were in the '50s, and unfortunately all of the gorgeous charm the home once had was either covered up or removed. We have been painstakingly restoring it room by room since '07. 2015 was the year of our main bathroom. The bathroom was fine the way it was when we bought it. 1950s square tiles that were gray and I thought it had a lot of vintage charm. Unfortunately it completely failed us with major leaks from the shower pan into the kitchen, cracked drainage pipes and plumbing pipes on an exterior wall that froze every winter. We decided against restoring and just completely gutting and renovating to repair all the plumbing issues. I'm thrilled with my new bathroom.

Here are some details on what we used and where we purchased:

Ronbow 42inch single vanity- it did not come with the counter (Qualitybath.com)

Faucets: Elements of Design (way fair)

Tub: Minna by waterworks cast iron soaker (eBay)

Floor: porcelain wood tile (Home Depot)

Shower tile: 3x6 subways and 1.5 inch marble hex ordered from local tile store

ceiling fixture: overstock.com

vanity lights: Home Depot online

mirror: garage sale refinished in chalk paint

marble counters are Calcutta gold from a local stone yard. The vanity top is actually the cutout from the tub deck. Can't believe we were able to fit it perfectly like that.

Shower doors: local glass maker

Shower door hardware: ATG stores online

Before- taken just as my husband started to demo so the sink is already removed. We relocated it to our basement bathroom.

Afters:

Concealed tub storage.

Towel cubby. It used to be a long cabinet but since the new tub was wider we couldn't use the bottom. Didn't want to completely lose the space covering it up so I came up with this. I love it.

we started this project in January and as of Tuesday it is 100% complete. I'm thrilled with the results. It's our main bathroom and I have 3 kids. I was hesitant with the marble with kids, but decided to go for it. It's already etched in one spot from mouthwash, and it doesn't bother me the way I thought it would. We have had soapstone for 8 years in the kitchen so I'm quite used to a patina! Haha.

Comments (43)