SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alliealexalexandra

Odd Entryway/Townhouse First Floor

alliealexalexandra
8 months ago
last modified: 8 months ago

We are going to move into our townhouse this year, but before we do so we are trying to update a couple of spaces to make them more functional without breaking the bank. Our first floor is a bit of an odd space. We do not have a basement, this floor is the lowest floor of our townhome, and it is basically just one big room that you walk into with a closet on the left. We are unsure what would be the best thing to do with this space. One of the simplest ideas we came up with was to add a round entry table to the middle of the room, otherwise, we were thinking of just adding another closet and putting a bench between the 2 closets to make some sort of mudroom. Not sure what other options would work in the space, but we are not sold on either of the above options.

Some extra details:

It just 2 of us for now (my fiance and I, but we want to have 1 child within the next few years)

The floor will be fully redone with a new neutral tile. (We thought tile would be best/safest as we are 1 off of Lake Ontario and in case there is ever overground flooding. Perhaps I'm being too paranoid about this? Also, tiles are better when dealing with Canadian winters..)

We are a few homes away from the beach so we want to do warm neutrals throughout the home. An elevated coastal modern look.

We appreciate anyone's help!!

These are photos and the plans for this floor:

This is a rough idea of the round table:

This is a rough idea of a mudroom

Cubby bench between closets:

Floating bench:

Comments (12)