SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dale_patterson70

Seeking Exterior Color Coordination Advice

Dale Patterson
9 months ago

We just put on a new roof and have plans to redo the paint and put a new garage door on the house. The roof we went with is the Owens Corning Teak. I went with this roof because I love the fact that it is multi-colored but looks brown from a distance (although I was hoping for it to look a little darker brown). I fear it kind of looks a little too close to the brick siding and causing the home to look "busy".

The house with the new roof:

Up close of our brick:

Images online of teak with similar brick siding (notice how much darker the roof looks though??):

Playing with the Sherwin-Williams ColorSnap Visualizer: (Included this so you can see paintable surfaces.)

Reason I chose the Teak roof...I like the pallet that Owens Corning suggested worked with the roof but I fear it may not work with the brick.

Another home in our neighborhood with the Teak roof and brick (although brick is much different). I love the look of this home, but once again, the roof looks so much darker?!

It's an enviable talent to have such a great eye for color matching like you folks do and I can't emphasize enough how much I appreciate any advice you may have!

Comment (1)