SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klayp

Need ideas for my Work from home nook space :)

C P
9 months ago

Hello, I recently moved to a rental apartment. This is the first time I have a "big space" dedicated to having an office. The layout of the apartment shows this nook as the dining area, but since we have a counter with bar stools, we decided I could use this space as my office/art studio.

I work from home Monday to Friday as a graphic artist for a screenprinting company. During my free time, I like to do some papercrafting using my Cricut machine. I would like to get some ideas on how to decorate this area. These are the areas where I need ideas/suggestions:

1. A round rug: I want to have a rug. I ordered a black round rug, but it looks too heavy, so I returned it.
  2. Standing desk: I like my standing desk but this came from my old little corner in other apartment where I just have this desk like "my office" now I'm open to ideas to change this desk for another style.
  3. Dog bed area: I have a 15lb dog, and his bed is quite massive. I need ideas on how to include him in my workspace.
  4. My bike has no place around the living room, so it needs to stay.
  5. The spine bookshelf: I think it looks cool in the office area. It is red, but I will paint it black.
  6. Wall art: Please ignore all the frames. I just placed them on the wall temporarily. I like them there, but they could be rearranged or removed. I obviously need to print/create some art for some of the frames. Suggestions on art styles, colors, and designs are welcome here too.
  7. I bought a 4-cube shelf from Target and added tension rod shelves to separate the office from the living room and give the nook a more industrial look. (I ordered a second tension shelve unit, I'm thinking on place it in L shape against the wall above the dog bed)

I would greatly appreciate ideas regarding color palettes, layout, or furniture that can help maintain the design style and look in the office while also matching the rest of the apartment. I'm feeling frustrated because we used to have wooden flooring throughout, but now there's carpeting in both the living room and office. I haven't come across many examples of industrial-style apartments with carpeting, as industrial doesn't typically involve "soft, cushiony carpeting." It's clear that my furniture was intended to shine on wooden floors, so I'm feeling quite frustrated with the unappealing beige carpeting commonly found in rental places...

Thank you so much. I appreciate all your answers and ideas :)

Living room view

Office view from the living room

Living room from the front door (The fireplace is just an electric heater and I added some stove pipes for the looks :)

Office

In the empty wall I will add another shelve or open to suggestions? Also there is my dog's bed (which probably needs to be smaller lol..

Comments (4)