SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Seeking layout input

sochi
10 months ago

We’ve landed the basic structures of our tropical new build, but we have yet to finalize layouts in two of our three ”volumes.” Today I’m asking about our ground floor social volume. It needs to accommodate the kitchen with casual dining, pantry (climate controlled), powder room, small living room or den for watching TV in the evenings or reading, and stairs up to the master bedroom suite.

Our main dining table and the social living spaces are in the courtyard that abut the social volume. It will be a very integrated indoor outdoor space. Please see the images below to get a 2d sense of the overall layout. The courtyard is large and will be completely sheltered from direct sun (except late afterrnoon as we face west) and rain by a vaulted roof.

Overhead perspective of the guest volume, social volume and courtyards. The master suite on the second floor is marked in the middle here by the red dotted lines.

The two large roofs protecting the main buildings from rain and sun, with trellis to bring some rain and sun into two garden zones.

Imprecise drawing, but it helps explain whats going on here.

measurements: the social volume is 5m x 15m, or just over 16’ x 49’. Each square on the grid is 1 meter square or almost 11’ squared.

And here are some proposed layouts. Gray blobs are sofas or armchairs. The only restrictions I have at this stage: the stairs and the powder room need to stay in the upper 5 meter area, they connect to the master suite above. Other than that i can move everything around, including windows and doors. I’m open to all suggestions and considerations!

Comments (11)