SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Very early-stage - seeking layout input

smalloldhouse_gw
8 years ago

We are just embarking on what I imagine (based on my experience in the GW Kitchens forum) will be a long path to renovating one of the 2 full baths in our house. This is the upstairs bath that serves 3 brs of a 1900 sqft house. There is no master bath unfortunately, although I hope eventually we will be able to bump up a one-story addition to create a master suite.

For now, though, this serves a family of 4, including 2 super tall & super messy boys. The downstairs bathroom (6x14) was originally added as part of a (very awkward) first floor master suite, but we don't use it for that purpose and the shower & tub there get very limited use.

The overall dimensions of the upstairs bath are approximately 7ft x 12.5ft, with a door and a window (as a dormer) located on either long side of the room. There is a 24" deep linen closet running at one end of the room; it's more than we need by far. The plumbing is all accessible (in the wall at one of the shower

I've done a rough version of the existing layout in the Ikea software. (I don't expect to use Ikea cabinets, but this was my go-to planning software during my kitchen reno.)

The renovation needs to be as functional as possible; I'd be happy to replace the linen closet with a tall cabinet if I could fit a separate shower and tub or even just a great big shower/tub combo. Right now the plumbing is all accessible (in a wall abutting the shower and in a bedroom closet on the other side of the vanity.)

Any ideas on how to maximize this space? Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)