SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brian_dowdall41

Hue and Chroma question Edgecomb Gray, Maritime White or Pale Oak

10 months ago

Hello. I have Edgecomb Gray in all three bedrooms and painted a 28 foot wall in Edgecomb in the living room. It is a lot darker on the north end and does not look clean on the south end. It also has quite a green undertone. My ceiling was just painted Cloud White so I need to pick another colour for the walls and have been buying samples but would like to understand how to get a cleaner colour and one that will not go so green. So from the Land of Colour Edgecomb has a Hue of 2.02 and Chroma of 1.06 so not sure if BM Maritime White which has a Hue of 1.59 and Chroma of 1.13 or Pale Oak which has a Hue of 2.65 and Chroma of .73 would be better meaning cleaner and less green colour if that makes sense. If anyone has any suggestions as to another Benjamin Moore colour to try that would really help. I have tried Elmira White, Ballet White (also see green), Windsbreath (not sure), and a few others. I have attached a photo of the north end (wall without the clock is Edgecomb) of the living room which is the darkest and green and the south end that is lighter but less clean looking. Thanks so much for any assistance.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH