SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
5112bird

Turning weird corner shower into double shower

5112bird
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

Hello!!! Looking for some recommendations and advice on this bathroom remodel. 2 things specifically.

-The weird ceiling/corner situation. Once we expand it might be lower ceiling in one area. Should we tile all the way up to the ceiling and create an enclosure?
-Turning into a 2 person shower. Not super large, just want to be able to get ready at the same time with equal water pressure. Was thinking of an above rain shower head, wand, and wall shower head and two faucets?

A few extra notes:

- This is our long term investment home so want to be really happy with the choices. The bathroom and closet (behind) are both huge, but the shower is tiny and gross. I have already gotten a bid for this project from a contractor we love and trust and have worked with for 10 years. So, I'm confident it can be done.

- The bathroom ceilings are pitched on the side of the shower, then 10 Ft. But the closet is 8ft.

- We are changing the entry direction of the closet / closet layout. The current door area will be moved back in line with shower back. There will be a short wall there. Then, where the sink is now will be a wall and it will be squared off where the angled vanity is ( ~6/5 ' from the right wall where the new walkway will be)

-In one of the pics, you can see where the current shower ends. The plan is to extend just another 2 ft. The closet is currently 10x14. You can see in one pic where we'd cut into the closet.
*Updated* to include current layout vs. future layout, and included some more pics. The closet is HUGE and I am willing to give up a couple feet in exchange for 2 feet bigger shower.

Comments (8)