SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
domerjen_gw

plumbing for double shower in master

DomerJen
9 years ago

We are creating a master bath from a small bedroom in our 1926 four square. The bath area is getting a double sink (plumbed for 2 sinks) and a double shower (plumbed for 2 separate showers on 2 separate controls). We had the plumbers put in 3/4" plumbing all the way to the water main to make sure we'd have enough water going up to run them both at the same time.

I'm not sure if we should get a thermostatic valve for the showers, since there are 2 of them, or a pressure balanced valve, since we have 3/4" pipes and only want one head for each shower? We just want one basic single shower head for one of the showers, and a single handheld for the other. No body sprays or multiple heads.

I'm at a loss as to what to spend/choose for such a project. We'd like a chrome fixture of good quality, in a traditional or transitional style. Preferably we could get both fixtures for under $750-1000. If it can be done for well under that, all the better.

The existing bath is on a separate "line" off of the main water pipe in the basement. This one might be on the same branch as the dishwasher/sink/fridge in the kitchen, but I have a feeling they are all on separate "branches" off that main line.

Comments (8)