SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Meeting with realtors

3katz4me
11 months ago

Well I've met with a few realtors about listing our place. We've only sold one other property through a realtor and we knew the guy well - he lived in our somewhat unique community and we'd known him for probably 20 years. That worked out well. I've gotten recommendations from people I know who've sold comparable properties nearby. There is one who is very seasoned and knowledgeable about the area. He had the listing for the house when we bought it. I'm inquiring as to whether he had it the entire five years it was on and off the market. If so that would be a red flag. I think he may have gotten the listing when it finally sold. He's kind of a big gun in a small local real estate agency. He sent me info that had errors in it. He didn't walk through the house because he already knew it well but then he sent me incorrect info. That bothered me. He hasn't responded to my email about the errors - more than 24 hours ago.

The next best candidate has less experience with our specific market but I think she's hungry and very hard working. She's with a bigger company, is very responsive and no mistakes so far. She took a close look at everything because she had no experience with our property. Her DH has a cabin care business and it seems she will get him to help us with whatever we need done - big plus as my DH does nothing of the sort. She's already found me an irrigation person and I haven't been able to get anyone to show up to start it up for two years.

So I'm torn but here's what is currently swaying me. The real estate company with the big gun has extremely good photography. He talked to me quite a bit about their methods. The other person has okay photos but there is something dramatically different about the other guy. I think our place is quite photogenic and great photos could really suck someone in. I'm sure big gun guy can also recommend service people to get things done - he just didn't mention it. I like both of them and could work with either of them but I think I need to go with the more experienced guy with the better photography and proofread all of his work before it's published.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida