SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda

Look what I found on the curb!

last year
last modified: last year

Was running errands this morning and spotted what I thought was a newer dollhouse on the curb. Kept driving. Then wondered if it would be a good one to redecorate and donate to an organization I'm involved with that supports children who have experienced trauma. Decided to see if it was still there on the way back. Wow! This is a handcrafted, probably late 1940s-50s dollhouse that incredibly is a replica of the house whose curb it was on. I didn't figure that out until I got it home and looked up the address. The house was built in 1941. It looks like it was redecorated in the 1990s (it has some furniture inside). My guess is it was played with by the grandchildren who are now grown.

This won't work as a donation for the organization I had mind, but I'm thinking about redecorating it in a 40s style and seeing if our town's childrens library would like it. They have had some beautiful antique toys on display and since this is a replica of an actual house in town I think would be appropriate. I think it's a beautiful form of folk art. And by the time I get finally finished decorating it will probably be antique folk art, lol.

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County