SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_776660982

Looking for window covering suggestions for master bedroom

Kim T.
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

My dog thinks that sunrise means it's time to get up but I'm not so keen on waking up at 5:30 or earlier. So it's time to get serious about window coverings in the master bedroom of our new-construction home. The two smaller windows that flank the bed are 24 inches wide by 60 inches tall and face east. The other (north) wall contains a 60 inch by 60 inch window as well as a door with a 21 inch by 80 inch glass panel. The room has 10 foot ceilings so the windows are 2 feet from the ceiling and 3 feet from the floor. I definitely need something room darkening if not blackout.

What window treatment works well on a door as well as the windows? Drapes, blinds, shades...? Inside mount, outside mount? If outside mount, how high/wide to mount taking into account the covering/placement on the door and that eventually there will be a headboard for the bed?

I feel like these windows are small for the size/height of the room (overall the room is 16 x 17), but it is what it is. When looking through photos for inspiration most of the windows are more expansive, have nice trim, great views, etc. They're not your basic builder grade like these. Also, I'm not tied to anything in this room. Bedding will be changed, nightstands are too low, etc., but I have to start somewhere and window coverings are our current need.

Any suggestions/opinions/input will be appreciated.

Comments (7)