SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sla3e

Discoloration on newly installed quartzite counterops

sla3e
11 months ago

We're mid-kitchen reno and our quartzite countertops were installed today. Initially, I was ecstatic, they looked great. But as I got closer, I noticed significant discoloration along the edges primarily around the sink, on the overhang/lip of the island, and where the counter meets the wall. The discoloration looks like gray blobs. The installers left an hour ago so it's 100% nothing we did. I went to the fabricator less than two weeks ago to confirm the layout and the slabs were perfect. Google says maybe it's adhesive stains. I've been reading other questions/forums but most are about staining/discoloration after use which isn't the case here. Wondering if anyone has any idea what could be going on. Is this standard post-installation and easy to fix? God, I hope so. I have a note out to the contractor and fabricator but hoping to get some answers so I can sleep tonight. Pics for reference below: the first is the slab from two weeks ago, and the second is the installed slab with discoloration aka blobs).

Comment