SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? May edition

nicole___
last year

I needed a swivel club chair for my family room. Found one by Christopher Knight, $389, open box for $100. It should arrive next Friday, May 5. It's exactly like the one I have, same size...only in black....and NOT falling apart. :0) Link to PU Club Chair

Have YOU found any bargains or deals?

Comments (65)

• salonva
    last year

oh I LOVE that butter dish. We don't have Wolrd Market around here. boo hoo

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • salonva
    last year

hold on! I just checked and apparently there is one under 50 miles away..... I;'m not at all familar with where it is. But at least there is one.. I may have to take a ride one of these days.

• Related Discussions

Have YOU found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhmmmmmm............?

Q

Comments (79)
    Me either, functionthenlook. The woman who sold it said she didn't use it because she is a "from scratch baker" and had no use for it. I took that to mean there may be a school of thought out there that bread made in a bread machine doesn't count as homemade. I like to bake things like pita bread, English muffins, pizza dough, dinner rolls and hamburger buns. Looking into the future, I see the machine as being a huge time saver when it comes to mixing, kneading and proofing the dough for me. My first loaf is rising and it's looking pretty good!
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

Q

Comments (145)
    I meant to share this earlier- it's just a super handy dandy thingy that I found at the Dollar Tree ( so it is now $1.25) I keep my charging cables in here and can always find them easily. I keep it in my purse on a daily basis and when we traveled it was just so handy. All patterns and a few different shapes. Mine is about 2 1/2 or 3 inches square. and open- (it also has a net pocket inside. Gotta love it.
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals? November edition.

Q

Comments (52)
    I succumbed to another Black Friday special last night: an air fryer/toaster oven, made by Toshiba, for $60. It is on only a few other sites, like Walmart, which had it for $250-$300. I'd kept going back to the ad for a week, and did spend a few days looking around at other models/brands/sites, trying to convince myself that I didn't need to rush to buy this deal - especially since I didn't really need it (my current convection countertop oven is still working okay, although it sometimes seems to not be baking as quickly as it used to) - however, found nothing with all the features/size at anywhere near the price.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? January edition

Q

Comments (54)
    I bought these sweatpants and matching sweatshirt (in pink) for DD last fall, and put them away for Christmas. Totally random gift and they were on a big sale so super inexpensive. She loved them. And she is super picky about her ”athletic wear.” More recently, I bought myself a pair and I also love them and have been wearing them a lot over the past two weeks (covid in da house). I see they are on sale again so roughly $20.
    ...See More
  • Jilly
    last year
    last modified: last year

Salon, you can order it online. :)

It’s so much heavier than I’d expected, which is good, but the knob is pretty much for looks only, which isn’t so good. But I do love it. The colors are wonderful!

ETA: Just saw your second post … ok, roadtrip! :D

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • chloebud
    last year

Jilly, great butter dish! I was at World Market yesterday looking at rugs.

Not sure this counts but I found this blank greeting card with pears and framed it. Kind of a bargain since I had the frame.

nicole___ thanked chloebud
  • Jilly
    last year

Thanks, chloe!

We saw the cutest dishes there, too … I’m betting they find a way home with me in the future. :D

This rug from there is at our back door. It wasn’t on sale when we got it. @#$&

https://www.worldmarket.com/product/orange+wide+stripe+cotton+chindi+area+rug.do

It’s thicker and heavier than most throw rugs, and looks much nicer in person.

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • chloebud
    last year

“I’m betting they find a way home with me in the future.”

Ugh, something I’m constantly guilty of. 🥴

nicole___ thanked chloebud
  • Jilly
    last year

Just saw your card — love that! Great idea. :)

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@Sueb20...Free is a pretty good deal! Nice catch!

@Jilly...Such a put-together look! And that little orange rug...a super deal! The butter dishes are perfect little pieces of art. They've become hard to find. Soft margarine must have taken over. :0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

JCP sent me a $15 off coupon I put towards 2 bath towels, $8 ea on sale ended up. .50cents ea

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@chloebud...just saw the artwork...it's super cute! Good job!

I see another of my light fixtures shipped. Ebay .99cents + $15.95 shipping by Globe Electric. Link to see it I'll either use the seeded glass globes in an existing vanity light fixture...or install it in a water closet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love seeing ALL your cool purchases....great deals too!

• woodrose
    last year

A few days ago I put a step stool in my Amazon shopping cart, and the price at the time was $45. I left it there while looking around for a better deal, or one I liked more. Last night I happened to check my cart and the price had dropped to $34 ! I decided to check out real quick !

nicole___ thanked woodrose
  • Sueb20
    last year

TJ Maxx price $99, marked down to $49.

It’s ceramic.

plus one can of spray paint, $10.

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I just purchased a pair of these swing arm sconces. $30/pr. They will replace existing sconces in a bedroom, on either side of the bed. The current ones are just decorative, half circle sconces, these look more practical.

• Kathsgrdn
    last year

I ordered some Slow FE iron tablets from Walgreens today, along with a couple other items. I had gotten a senior discount Tuesday email today so I thought it'd be a good time to order the iron since I've been out for a while. While I attempted to get it on my card to use, it didn't go through and so I went searching for how to get it attached to my rewards card. I never did find it but found a 25% off discount, along with a whole list of other discounts codes on their site. The 25% didn't work for my items but a 20% off code did work. The senior discount was only 10% off and may only be for in store purchases?

nicole___ thanked Kathsgrdn
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

My inventory storage unit is about a half mile from the house. On the way home today, a little voice told me to stop at Goodwill which is in-between the two. This Longchamp Roseau was waiting for me. Ten bucks!

nicole___ thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Kind of the other direction ... but I love giving stuff away on BuyNothing. I got rid of a Precor Recumbent Bike and a Nordic track. But I still have a Precor treadmill and Peloton bike to not use when I don't feel like exercising.

Remember the med cab for my son's bathroom? It came with a small crack on the side (not visible). They refunded my money and said keep it. I hear that a lot about Wayfair. Must be such utter junk I guess it is still profitable.

nicole___ thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    last year

Well since I have discovered Temu I have lots of bargains. Today I got a very nice wrist blood pressure Device for $7, and a super powerful led flashlight that does a lot of tricks for $6. I have fallen in love with Temu! Great quality products for extremely cheap prices. Shipping is about 7 days and free. Who else went down that rabbit hole. They have everything, much like Amazon.

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    last year

If you are interested to try Temu you can use my referral code for discounts.

S2XTB6F put it in the search bar on Temu. They give good discounts iI get 50% off most days.

• Sueb20
    last year

Spanish! That is a FIND! I love Longchamp.

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • salonva
    last year

Mtn, I too am a fan of buynothing ( and its predecessor - freecycle). When we were downsizing that was incredibly helpful. I don't find it difficult to give stuff away,but knowing that the person who wants it is seeking it out makes it easier. This is especially so for breakables. I had tons of stemware from my mom, and vases, figurines, plates,etc.. Of course I checked with my daughters, sister, niece, and no one wanted them. It was great to just put it out on my front porch and know it was going to where it was wanted.

Raven, I had a post a while ago about Temu. I ordered 2 tops from them ( among other household items). They were all good and soooooo cheap. I don't have expectations of the clothing lasting years, but it was totally fine and as pictured. I was hesitant at first about it being a bit of a scam but I am totally comfortable with buying from them.

Nicole- I love those sconces!

Great bargains everyone!

• happy2b…gw
    last year

My husband never walks out of TJMax empty handed. Expensive golf shirts for cheap are his forte. My bargains recently have been my success at getting a replacement for the grill cover that ripped two days after the warranty expired from the vendor; a gift certificate from Sams Club to buy a set of landscape lights because one did not work new out of the box; and getting a free touch up pen from Canadel to treat some scratches on my 20 year old dining table. I also saved not having to puchase a new grill. The company explained how to clean carbonized particles that look like peeling paint. It was an easy task.

nicole___ thanked happy2b…gw
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

Lots, a few days ago these boden boots for 57

nicole___ thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

I'm also extremely happy that I found a red bud seedling growing up in the most perfect spot behind some azaleas.

This flagstone for $2.

nicole___ thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • salonva
    last year

@happy2b…gw I have a Canadel set that is closer to 35 years old. How did you get a touch up pen? ( we keep saying the set needs to be refreshed or even refinished). I wouldn't mind paying for it but I guess I need to remember the finish color ....

• happy2b…gw
    last year

@salonva, I used this form to contact Canadel. I received a response within 24 hours. Be ready to crawl under the table to take a picture of the information brunished into the side rail of the table.

• salonva
    last year

nothing linked---- @happy2b…gw I can try to message you. Thank you oops. I am trying now to search their site. Never occurred to me. love this forum

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

WOW! YOU ALL ARE KILLING IT! Great finds!

Uh oh....never heard of Temu. They have some cute shoes....wood spatulas....

• happy2b…gw
    last year

@salonva I messaged you.

• JustDoIt
    last year

Darn it. Time to get out of the house. Great finds all.

nicole___ thanked JustDoIt
  • Alisande
    last year

Impressive bargains, everyone!

This morning I paid $47.99 for a refurbished Shark Wandvac. Amazon's price for new is $121.00.

I bought it from Woot! (an Amazon company)

It was an impulse buy, unusual for me, but a little earlier I looked at a hard-to-reach area and told myself for the hundreth time that I really need to get a small hand-held vacuum. And then there it was!

In the Bargains for Others category, I'd been trying to sell a couple of old oak school chairs that have been in my family for years. I had them listed and sitting in my living room for weeks. I reached the end of my patience and changed the listings to Free for the one that needed refinishing and $25 for this better one. They were gone the same day.

I always like it when something goes to a good home. The free one went to a sweet little girl who wanted a spot to do her coloring.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    last year

Nicole if you want to try Temu download the app in the search bar put my code iI posted and you will get some good discounts. I have liked everything iI bought including clothes.

• wildchild2x2
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

I've been looking for a reining saddle for some time. I have to have my own saddle my short legs don't fit a lot of the saddles at the place I ride. So it was suggested it was time for my own saddle so i could work with more horses.

Long story but I found out the saddle I chose to get new will take at least six months to get. Maybe longer since I would semi customize it to fit at the time I order.

So I started looking online for a suitable used saddle that I could use in the meantime. Fell in love with a used reiner I saw but didn't think it would be a could fit. Then rode in one very similar at the ranch and it worked. So I took the plunge. It's a beautiful deep mahogany. Not overdone. I messaged back and forth with the seller a lot. She bought it to show in. Was training her own young gelding. He grew into a bigger guy. Now she's changing disciplines and needs the money so the saddle went on the market.

It arrived yesterday and just wow. It's a 23 year old saddle and looks in better shape than a lot half it's age. No drying out spot, everything is supple and she actually apologized for a bit of dust on it. Threw in all the rigging including a nice matching breast collar and a price double string girth. Most sellers just sell the saddle. Everything on this saddle is top grade. Even the stirrups are covered with matching leather. I would've expect to pay twice for this saddle on the used market. If it works out for me I may not even need to buy that new reiner for a while. Most decent saddles start at what I paid and they are pretty much bare bones trainers. Still have money left over in my saddle fund for the new one. I am HAPPY!

nicole___ thanked wildchild2x2
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@wildchild2x2...It's BEAUTIFUL! The leather tooling alone...is art! I know "nothing" about saddles....but.....it looks so pristine! WOWSER!

raven...I'm still looking at Temu, but haven't purchased anything ....yet.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    11 months ago

OMG! @Sueb20...I've looked at that table online....and thought about purchasing it. WHAT a STEAL!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    11 months ago

I found a cast aluminum side table on sale. Reg $218...for $96 on The BIG "A". It's handmade. Says each one is a little different. I'm waiting for it's arrival.

• Sueb20
    11 months ago

Also free! She’s going in my office.

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • Sueb20
    11 months ago

She’s on top of the cabinet, looking down at me. (…on me?)

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • happy2b…gw
    11 months ago

My daughter sent me a photo of the rocker she rescued from the curb this morning.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    11 months ago

I purchased a 6 bulb sputnik chandelier. $16.99.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    11 months ago

For anyone needing fabric? Fabric Guru has FREE shipping THIS memorial Day weekend.

The code to use: Mem23

I ordered a tribal patterned fabric by Richloom. Enough to make the top half of a leather bottom purse. $6

• teeda
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

Found this antique toy dresser at the GW today. $5.99. Looked it up when I got home--it was made by J.Bubb in London, early 19th century. Found one that sold a few years ago for $225, but it was missing all the escutcheons and 1 pull. Mine is in excellent condition, all hardware intact and with the maker's mark. I can't believe this beautiful toy is almost 200 years old!

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@teeda..What a find! Cute little thang.

• Claudesmom
    11 months ago

yes!

nicole___ thanked Claudesmom
  • Sueb20
    11 months ago

Teeda, how cute! What is the GW?

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • Sueb20
    11 months ago

Oh duh. Goodwill.

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • teeda
    11 months ago

Sorry, Sue. My new guilty pleasure is watching thrifting treasure hauls. So GW is the standard lingo. Anyhow, here she is in new home. Safely nestled amongst other rescues!

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • jill302
    11 months ago

Love your find, so glad the chest made it's way to you.

nicole___ thanked jill302
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    11 months ago

I purchased & planted 4 Honeycrisp Apple Trees! They're hardy to Zone 4, -30. I hung bars of Irish Spring soap from each one. Put metal cages around two of them. I paid $15ea for 2 & $25ea for two. Next to them are 3 Sugar Tyme Crabapple trees that are thriving. I read where the crabapple trees are short lived...so the HoneyCrisp will take over...growing nearby.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    11 months ago

That is a great buy! I'm looking at dwarf columnar apples from Stark Bros. for $27 each. They don't need as much room width-wise, so maybe I'd replace a couple of the larger trees with these.

They had a fabulous price on Contender peaches a few weekends ago, but I dithered too long, they sold out quickly.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • matthias_lang
    11 months ago

Hey, raee, I've had four of those Stark columnar trees. At the time I bought them, they were said to not only grow compactly on the horizontal line, but to grow to only 12 feet of height. They've grown well over 12 feet are five feet wide.

nicole___ thanked matthias_lang