SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have you found any bargains or deals? November edition.

nicole___
last year

Lowes was getting rid of their Daffodil bulbs. FREE! 370 bulbs! Reg. $185 Wooo Hooo!

I'll do a mass planting....should be a showy Spring!

Have YOU found any bargains or deals?

Comments (52)

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year
    last modified: last year

Zowie - that's a great freebie!

Got a couple of good deals from Macy's - a small microwave and a donut baking pan. I haven't had a microwave in years, so I'm kind of excited 😄

looking forward to baking some donuts too...

nicole___ thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • dimac83
    last year

Wow. Would love to see them in the Spring.

nicole___ thanked dimac83
  • Related Discussions

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately....?

Q

Comments (55)
    I get it Funky. What I like about this one is that it is a stretched canvas, no glass, which keeps it simpler. It's going into a small upstairs bedroom that has the original 1910 stained wood beadboard, so I think a poster size print will bring a pop to the walls without needing anything else. We'll see!
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals lately? February edition.

Q

Comments (56)
    I found one pair of Hokas today at TJ Maxx. They were 9 1/2 ( I am usually an 8 1/2 or 9) . I tried them on and they were actually pretty comfy.........but they were blue and orange and $79.99. I think if they looked a bit more "normal" I might have bought them. I want to be able to wear sneakers with a little nicer outfit ( like I was wearing today, for when we travel.... still casual but a step up from gym clothes).. These really looked like clown shoes on me and for the price, I just couldn't. But I was excited to see them in TJM. I would have been happy with the ones Jane shared above. These were like medium blue with orange flames. oh well.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? May edition

Q

Comments (65)
    Found this antique toy dresser at the GW today. $5.99. Looked it up when I got home--it was made by J.Bubb in London, early 19th century. Found one that sold a few years ago for $225, but it was missing all the escutcheons and 1 pull. Mine is in excellent condition, all hardware intact and with the maker's mark. I can't believe this beautiful toy is almost 200 years old!
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? June Edition

Q

Comments (29)
    Got this not-pretty microwave cart for DD’s new apt., which has a wonky kitchen with no counter space. Free! I removed the handles and replaced them with chrome handles, and covered the drawer fronts with floral print peel & stick wallpaper that I had leftover from another project. Total cost, around $7. Sorry, I don’t have an ”after” pic. Also from our local Everything Is Free FB page, I got her basic white bedroom curtains and curtain rods, and two kitchen chairs. We are hoping to find some bargains on the local FB Marketplace when we are up there next week. She gets the keys on Mon…DH and I are staying for a couple of days to help. I am not ready for this but apparently she is!
    ...See More
  • functionthenlook
    last year

Awesome on the daffodils. I don't know if I could stand the cold long enough to plant them all. lol

I got a air fryer regularly priced at 99.99 for 49.99 a couple of weeks ago. I'm new to air fryers and only used it 3 time since it is for camp. So the jury is still out if I like it or it is another kitchen appliance that I'll use a few times then forget.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • jane__ny
    last year

Nicole, when I lived in NY I would buy daffodils and tulips, pot them, stick the pots in the garage to chill over winter. As soon as they began to sprout, I'd bring them inside and they would grow and bloom.

I started this in November and they would begin to bloom end of February/March.

Made such a beautiful display.

Jane

nicole___ thanked jane__ny
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

jane...focing a few...great idea! I'll do it! It's potted sitting in the garage....only the garage is heated. Hope it's cold enough to work....

functionthenlook....yep...my air fryer hasn't been out of the cupboard in awhile.

And it's 16F right now. I don't go out for more than 20 minutes @ a time to plant the bulbs. So far, 2 bags(60) are in....9 bags to go. This house came with NO landscaping. It really needs more flowers! 🐞

• summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

What a deal 1929spanish! That's a mink fur lined leather jacket. Next year the fur ban in CA starts. hopefully they won't ban sales in used fur market. Hurry up to get more deals! :-)

nicole___ thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

Great finding! Waiting for your daffodils photos next spring Nicole.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

@summersrhythm_z6a you're right! It was in the Halloween Costume section of Goodwill! I would never buy new fur.

nicole___ thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

Nicole, you could put bulbs in the fridge. I have done that.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

I found this huge doorknocker at a estate sale for $40. I am not sure which door could use it yet.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    last year

Hobby Lobby had 60% off holiday decor, so I bought tree ornaments.

There's also a reusable popcorn garland (33ish feet). I've been wanting the popcorn garland for years, but it's just so expensive I couldn't do it. $23 with tax, no less. So glad to get my Santa and snowman tree done.

ETA: See? The price was amazingly cheap. Popcorn garland

nicole___ thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

I found this for $65. It holds 9 candles, not sure where to put it yet.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

@summersrhythm_z6a Vintage fur doesn't sell for as much as you'd think on eBay. I don't have a ton of expeience with it, sold another vintage 60's swakara/mink short jacket and a vintage (70's/80's?) Swakara long coat that was not labeled. The long coat got $700 a few years ago, but took about 4 months to sell. Then 60's coat has been listed on and off for several years and just sold for $44. Both were in excellent condition.

There are some sellers that is all they do, so maybe they get better prices. Experienced sellers with good ratings will always do better compared to new sellers, who are also often the target of the latest scams.

DM me if you're interested in discussing more offline.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

Thanks! When I am ready to sell, I will ask you questions. I deleted my other posting, thought I asked too much info. :-)

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@summersrhythm_z6a..That "could" be a menorah. Jewish. Of course it's beautiful! It has a history with that lion in the center. I'd like to know who it was made for.....it's last owner.....I bet it has a story.....a long one. Cool! Cool! Cool! ❤️ That door knocker....wowser...amazing!

I remember when a local store was selling mink lined blue jean jackets. I wanted one badly. Cool! So happy for your success 1929Spanish!

rob....great x-mas finds!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

Thanks! It was from the same estate sale. I didn't know that's a Jewish menorah. It got my attention, it was on the 1st floor hallway wall, and it was the very 1st thing I picked. I will ask my Jewish friends about the history of the lion. The house owners downsized to a 2,000 sq ft ranch, they loved collecting things, the whole 5,500 sq ft house was full of stuff! The truth is I bought more stuff from there, but I don't want you guys think I went back to be a shopaholic, so only posted 2 items here. Lol There were 3 lovely pianos there, when I passed by them, I couldn't help it and did a glissando, hope they all found good homes.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@summersrhythm_z6a...it "may" just be a 9 candle holder......the center candle, which is stationary is usually raised...but artistic license and it really doesn't have to be. I do wonder if the previous owner was royal?

• summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

They're just 2 cute shopaholics, not royal. :-)

Here is a photo with the candles.

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    last year

Score on the daff bulbs!

I got a 20% off any order coupon through the mail from Chewy good until Nov. 30. I used it to buy a 16lb. bag of Purina Urinary cat food. Usually buy the food from my vet - $85 for the 16lb. bag. So with their coupon, I got the $85 bag from Chewy for $68 plus free shipping. Savings of $17.

nicole___ thanked schoolhouse_gwagain
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@summersrhythm_z6a...I think it has age. My lineage is Jewish. It will look beautiful in your Victorian home. Very stylish!

schoolhouse....$17 savings...fantastic!

• Jupidupi
    last year

summersrhythm_z6a, I thought that was a menorah at first, but it takes full-sized candles. Menorahs take little candles because they are supposed to burn all the way down each night. Having cleaned wax off of menorahs that were way plainer, be warned that you should use the most dripless candles you can find. Or just enjoy it with no candles. It's a beautiful candleholder, but would be a beast to clean!

nicole___ thanked Jupidupi
  • functionthenlook
    last year

summersrhythm_z6a, I have something like it but definitely not so elaborate. I use votive candle holders in mine and sit it on the hearth. The flickering candles look pretty at night when lit.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

It will be a wall decoration, no burning candles. :-) I don’t want to make holes in the hallway walls which have pretty pink wallpaper. I might hang it on a sunroom wall.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

Safeway: Had a coffee give away in their Saturday Sampler & energy drinks, so I made up little gift bags to give away to trades people for X-mas. 💕

.97cents for 10lbs of russet potatoes

$5 off a $5 purchase coupon

Dh did some online shopping. HP computer, 24" screen, then picked up a free 24" screen they were throwing out on a job site, so I got a bigger screen too, for my office.

Kohls: Fleece Cuddl duds sheets/$35. 3 mens long sleeved shirts/$6ea. Fitbit watch $79.

Chewy: $15 off $60 coupon I used on cat food. Free shipping.

Home Depot: Top soil & mulch $2 a bag.

Update: I got ALL the daffodil bulbs planted in a big 3' x 12' swath that's next to a border. So the bulbs are low, in front of varigated dogwood bushes. 🐝

• happy2b…gw
    last year

Everyone has wonderful bargain finds. Congratulations on planting all the bulbs. Yesterday was bargain day for me and my husband. He was excited to purchase two pairs of pants in this favorite style at the Haggar outlet for $20 and I found my wardrobe staple cable sweater in the shade of green that I have been looking for at Polo Ralph Lauren not only reduced but eligible for an additional 25% off.

nicole___ thanked happy2b…gw
  • salonva
    last year

That menorah is magnificent. Having the lion and the crown is not all that unusual. That is a beauty though for sure. In fact if you just google menorah with crown or lion ( it's the Lion of Judah) you will see many.

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

salonva....I thought it went together! The lion of Judah....now I see the connection! Thanks for the information. So interesting! (hitting myself on the forehead....duh!)

happy....I adore Ralph Lauren! I have his T-shirts, bath towels.....I've photographed part of his ranch .....:0)

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

Dh & I go to the JCP $10 coupon give away every year. It's usually FULL of people, in a line wrapped around the building....laughing...wearing Halloween costumes...taking selfies....lots of hoopla....this year....Ghost town! We arrived @ 5am, walked right in....maybe 30 people total! Then we went to The Bass Pro shop and THEY WERE PACKED. Long lines to check out. Everyone had a cart filled to the brim.

We purchased ivory colored stoneware, salad plates & bowls, $1.67ea with the coupons @ JCP. Then Safeway had another $5 off $25 coupon for groceries & FREE Black olives(Saturday Sampler). They had Lindor Chocolates half price, to put in my gift bags. Polidori Brats, made here in Colorado, half off.

• Rho Dodendron
    last year

Sheesh at 'my' JCP the item had to be full price and not a penny under $10.00 so the 9.99 item I selected wasn't allowed.

I recently took out a Target redcard and was sent $40.00 coupon in the same envelo[pe with the credit card. My Dust Buster died a while back so now I have a new one plus two gallons of laundry detergent for $1.90 total. And Target has a happy customer.

nicole___ thanked Rho Dodendron
  • functionthenlook
    last year

I put 2 queen quilts originally $50 marked down to $20 in my Amazon cart last week, but wanted to wait a day to order because of the delivery date. The next day when I went to order the price increased. Yesterday they were on the black Friday sale for $17 . Good things come to people who wait:)

• salonva
    last year

Sounds like so many great deals!

I find with the changeable prices it's a real crapshoot. Sometimes the price comes back down or decreases even more, and sometimes you learn that was REALLY a good buy- never to be offered again.

• gsciencechick
    last year

Nothing for me, but enjoy seeing everyone else’s. Love the daffodil bulbs and the e-bikes.

nicole___ thanked gsciencechick
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@Rho Dodendron...Same @ ALL JCP stores. I purchased 9 plates, 3 bowls in sets of 3 @ $4.99ea - $10 = $1.67ea. (note: online they had a set of 4 for the same price, but not in the store) We had 4 coupons & divided up the sales. I spent $20 instead of $120 regular price. (The coupon is off the total sale...it can be more than one item.) I get these same coupons ALL year long.

Hubby purchased a pkg of 3 flash drives, 32GB ea for $9.99! Best Buy ....click to see

• Alisande
    last year

For Cyber Monday, Clinique is offering a set of 5 Dramatically Different lipsticks in holiday cases for $12.50 with free shipping. I ordered two sets to give as gifts.

You can see the deal here.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • satine100
    last year

Alisande, thank you for the Clinique info. I just ordered two sets also. I will give one to my sister and one to my daughter.

nicole___ thanked satine100
  • chisue
    last year

I'd been waiting for the Ghiarardelli peppermint bark to be on sale at Costco, but when I looked online, it was sold out. Foo! Not to be denied, I went to the company site and found the bark for less than it would have been at Costco. Of course I did HAVE to order a few more candies to get free shipping...isn't that just so sad? <grin>

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    last year

The local big box store had a few things on BF special that I wanted: big 36 oz jars of peanuts for $4 - and I had two $1 off coupons so $3 each; a weighted blanket for $15 (wanted to try ever since I had a stretch of trouble sleeping last summer); 30 packs of AA and AAA batteries for $4; lightweight fleece throw blankets for $2.79. Also some good although not super bargain prices on some winter gloves and hats - those, the throws, and the batteries are destined for the local teen shelter.

1929spanish, I have what looks to be the identical mink lined jacket hanging in a closet - it was my mother's. I want to sell it, along with her long white mink coat, mink pillbox hat, and fluffy tuscan lamb hat (I always think of seeing Elizabeth Tayor wearing one) - I really need to take photos and decide where to list them and for how much. I do see vintage stoles and coats selling in 2nd hand shops or estate sales for only $10-30.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • salonva
    last year

Alisand- those lipsticks! What a great deal ( and free shipping) thank you!

• Alisande
    last year

Satine and Salonva, you're welcome! I'm half-tempted to get one for myself because Bamboo Pink is in the set, and it's one of my favorites. Plus I wouldn't mind trying Tenderheart.

Edited to say I did it. :-)

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • bragu_DSM 5
    last year

no

nicole___ thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • salonva
    last year

Alisande= I ordered it for my sister, and keep thinking about getting me a set ( they have 2 sets- one is "kiss" and the other is "pop"). Phenomenal deal.

• Jilly
    last year

I’ve been looking for a crochet/lace runner, shorter in length, and found this:

It is a bit thin, but I think well worth the price. It says gray, but it’s not … it’s tan. Still need to iron it:

I’ll be using it for my dining table holiday display — big glass bowl of ornaments, candlestick holders, greenery, pine cones. After Christmas, I’ll find another spot for it.

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • functionthenlook
    last year

,Jinx, very pretty.

• Jilly
    last year

Thank you, function!

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

Jinx....THAT'S a deal! I couldn't make it for that price. It's lovely!

• Jilly
    last year

Thanks, nicole! I thought that, too, about making one.

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

@raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio ping me in you have any questions about selling. Fur of any era has a lot of baggage that comes with it.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I liked the bead....Otherwise it's lava rock. 8 cents

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    last year

I succumbed to another Black Friday special last night: an air fryer/toaster oven, made by Toshiba, for $60. It is on only a few other sites, like Walmart, which had it for $250-$300.

I'd kept going back to the ad for a week, and did spend a few days looking around at other models/brands/sites, trying to convince myself that I didn't need to rush to buy this deal - especially since I didn't really need it (my current convection countertop oven is still working okay, although it sometimes seems to not be baking as quickly as it used to) - however, found nothing with all the features/size at anywhere near the price.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio