SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? January edition

nicole___
last year

My husband loves sheepskin house slippers and started reading reviews on sheepskin mens boots. At first he found a pair of slippers he was going to order from LL Bean for $100...then I said hold on...let me look around @ the end-of-the-season-sales. He ended up getting two pairs of Bear Paw sheepskin slippers and a pair of boots for about the same price. $30ea (they have a $5 off coupon online) from Big 5 Sporting Goods.....then boots. $40. Yes. Real sheepskin.

Have YOU found any bargains or deals?

Comments (54)

• Ida
    last year

My Keen hiking boots have many miles on them and started to give out on our last trip to the mountains. I like the brand a lot and wanted to replace my old Keens with a similar style. Found these on the big A for less than $80, while the regular price is around twice that much. I suspect this is a discontinued color but I don't care about that. For anyone in need of good hikers, this may be worth a look.

nicole___ thanked Ida
  • cran
    last year

My bed pillow is about a year old, just bought the matching chair at the thrift shop for $25. it is in perfect condition

nicole___ thanked cran
  • Related Discussions

Have YOU found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhmmmmmm............?

Q

Comments (79)
    Me either, functionthenlook. The woman who sold it said she didn't use it because she is a "from scratch baker" and had no use for it. I took that to mean there may be a school of thought out there that bread made in a bread machine doesn't count as homemade. I like to bake things like pita bread, English muffins, pizza dough, dinner rolls and hamburger buns. Looking into the future, I see the machine as being a huge time saver when it comes to mixing, kneading and proofing the dough for me. My first loaf is rising and it's looking pretty good!
    ...See More

October Have you found any bargains or deals? Hhhhhmmmmm......?

Q

Comments (36)
    I'm doing a long-overdue re-organization of my garage. I needed all sorts of garage hanging gadgets, so I went to Menards. It was during their rebate special... I had no idea what it was. The helpful cashier pointed to the bottom portion of my receipt. I'm getting 11% back! Does that count as a bargain? I didn't realize Menards carried so much... stuff. They have a whole section of JR Watkins products.
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals? November edition.

Q

Comments (52)
    I succumbed to another Black Friday special last night: an air fryer/toaster oven, made by Toshiba, for $60. It is on only a few other sites, like Walmart, which had it for $250-$300. I'd kept going back to the ad for a week, and did spend a few days looking around at other models/brands/sites, trying to convince myself that I didn't need to rush to buy this deal - especially since I didn't really need it (my current convection countertop oven is still working okay, although it sometimes seems to not be baking as quickly as it used to) - however, found nothing with all the features/size at anywhere near the price.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? May edition

Q

Comments (65)
    Found this antique toy dresser at the GW today. $5.99. Looked it up when I got home--it was made by J.Bubb in London, early 19th century. Found one that sold a few years ago for $225, but it was missing all the escutcheons and 1 pull. Mine is in excellent condition, all hardware intact and with the maker's mark. I can't believe this beautiful toy is almost 200 years old!
    ...See More
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

@ravencajun Zone 8b TX...we have a Sierra Trading Post store, here! Love it!

@rob333 (zone 7b)...She's stunning! The blond hair and black velvet...wow! Full length velvet must have been fun to wear too!

@cran...a matching chair for $25 is a steal!

@Ida...Keen is a favorite here too! Great buy!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    last year

Nicole I'm glad you think my baby's is as beautiful as I think she is. Kiddo likes to change the color of her hair all the time. Powder blue, streaks of teal, hot pink... It's just fun!

People turned around and looked at us when we walked into the restaurant. It's a sort of fancy restaurant, so I'm sure people weren't too surprised to see it, and I don't think they were looking at us because we look like idiots 😅

nicole___ thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@rob333 (zone 7b)....yep...stunning! My tenant looks a lot like her...only she does the green or hot pink hair streaks every day, long nails and bullring in her nose. Around here, she would have plenty of company. I lived in Boulder when I was a little kid. First time I saw blue hair as everyday attire, I was maybe 5 years old. Self expression = Colorado. trans/bi/hetero...no one singles anyone out here. Lots of young people here. Lots of acceptance.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    last year

Mermaid hair. 😁

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@rob333 (zone 7b)....I compliment my "tenant"(don't want to use her real name)...ALL the time! She's a natural bleached blonde....and the brighter the streaks...the better! IMO She just tried ALL blue too...and well...it was a dull blue. We both decided she should go brighter! ❤️ That's a great shade of blue!

• HU-860774342
    last year

Cran here this the chair that matches the pillow. picture doesn't want to post!!

nicole___ thanked HU-860774342
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

OK.....that chair is BEAUTIFUL! You ALL are getting KILLER deals! ❣️

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Cran, That chair is so pretty! Amazing. I really love the pear.taupe.white scheme in your room. One thing; and I can't explain why, but have you tried the striped pillows vertically?

nicole___ thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • HU-860774342
    last year

Ha ha mtn the striped pillows often are placed vertically, it depends on who makes the bed… that was dh‘s day!!! btw the way the fabric i bought for the pillow was $50.00 a yd and a new to the fabric store. i can’t imagine that it was reupholsted more than 11/2 ago

nicole___ thanked HU-860774342
  • teeda
    last year

I love seeing everyone's deals--but wow, Cran, you hit the jackpot with that chair! I would love to have seen the look on your face when you spotted it!

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

A long sleeved layered look knit shirt for hubby. $3. I had a $15 off JCP coupon. A 70" X 64" blackout cellular shade from Habitat for Humanity, $7.50.

Teeda....That's so pretty. So well made!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I just ordered 1.5 yards chenille upholstery fabric from Fabric Guru.com. with free shipping weekend code FREESHIP23.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

Some great stuff this month. Am in love with the basket and chair!

Yesterday I hit the estate warehouse sale/reseller’s dream. 1980’s fashion by several designers including Teri John, Evenings Raul Blanco and some misc Beverly Hills designer. All this for under $200!

(Pay no mind to my model, Heady, or the random stuff that needs to be put away when construction is finished)

nicole___ thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • chloebud
    last year

Definitely not as exciting as other posts here but a good deal. We have an outlet store here that sells various household items with containers/boxes that have either been damaged or opened and resealed. A couple aisles are cleaning items. They were selling boxes of 28 Swiffer Duster refills for $10. We have a house full of plantation shutters, and I go through quite a few of the dusters!

nicole___ thanked chloebud
  • salonva
    last year

Well along the lines of the swiffer, last month I got these toothpaste squeezers. I believe the pack of 2 is currently 79 cents. I am pretty sure I paid $1.50 or so. Still I have to say, I get a chuckle every time I see it in my bathroom. DH was able to set it so that the tube of toothpaste, aside from being squeezed neatly-- ready for it---?? stands up. I decided I would take a chance with Temu and it was totally fine.

I may think about putting this on the little happy things thread.

Don't judge.

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • Sueb20
    last year

I wanted a marble spoon rest like this one from Crate and Barrel ($25)

and spent some time this morning looking online to see if I could find it cheaper, but everything was $22 and up. No biggie, I was going to get one, but I knew I was heading to Marshalls today so figured I’d check there. Didn’t really expect to find one but I DID! Same exact thing, marble…for $4! They had only one. And now it’s mine. 🤗

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    last year

DH & I went to several grocery stores and not looking for anything but a few inredients for dinner - found a lot of lamb chops, pork ribs and beef steaks and beef ribs at good prices. Hubs spent awhile dividing them up and vacuum sealing them for the freezer. Our youngest Aussie is terrified by the noise from it, so we have to put the dogs out in the walled garden when he does that. Otherwise I have a shivering 60 lb Austrailian Shepherd on my lap. He looks cute here...

nicole___ thanked seagrass_gw Cape Cod
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    last year

Need to bring kiddo's bike back home from 250 miles away from the house, but forgot to bring the bike rack 🙄 One place is closed for the holiday. Next place had them for hundreds. Found one for $34 at the third place. I'm so happy! Surely it'll be good enough for one time, a four hour drive.

• salonva
    last year

Not super glamorous, but I just got 3 pair of wool socks, with the code in the screenshot is $8.45

• liasch
    last year

HU…love the chair! Total score!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

The inlaid, veneer topped, 36" x 18", cherry coffee table. $25.50. The legs are solid wood. It's heavy/68lbs...won't tip over. The cats think it's a new cat-toy, climbing through the circle. :0) From GW.

• User
    last year

I just scored an Eileen Fisher cashmere cardigan at Goodwill for $25!!! it's too big for me, but that looks perfectly fine when it comes to long cardigans. This picture does not do it any justice, it's gorgeous.

nicole___ thanked User
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

Love the sweater! There are still some good deals at GW!

nicole___ thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • lisa_fla
    last year

Table and chairs from Goodwill. It has a leaf that goes up on the other side too. Tag said table and four chairs $25!!! We had a heck of a time fitting it in my sisters car but made it work. I’ve wanted a game/puzzle table for upstairs for a while, but nothing has seemed quite right. I can’t believe how cheap it was. Its solid wood

nicole___ thanked lisa_fla
  • dedtired
    last year

I’ve been looking everywhere for a recliner that i will need after an upcoming surgery. After looking at at least 50, I found this one at a local consignment store. It has every feature I need, including “wallaway”. It’s leather, like new and i got it for $650. Thats less than half price new. I may not keep it so i didnt want to make a big investment. Everything else I looked at was pleather or fabric. Doing the happy dance.

nicole___ thanked dedtired
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

Spanish...that's an incredible haul❣️

Sueb20...I want one!

salonva, rob,seagrass...pretty good! and I've never seen a toothpaste squeezer ❣️

seattle....Cashmere....awesome!

lisa....Gorgeous!

Ded....that's really nice! I have two just like it in my theatre room in light grey. Very comfy! Your gonna love it! and yes...mine are pleather...your chair is FABULOUS! I can see the quality! (I paid $600 ea. not a deal at all) You rock!

• Lars
    last year

I bought the same marble spoon rest at BB&B in December for $12.80 - the original price was $16. I found that it is somewhat prone to staining, and so I have to spend some time cleaning it if I get a stain on it. I would have loved finding it for $4, but I guess I was in the wrong store. I haven't been to a Marshall's in a long time.

I bought this soap dispenser/caddy from Amazon for $24.00.

It is faux marble resin, and so I hope it will resist stains better than real marble. My countertops are quartz, and so they do not stain. I guess $24 is not really a bargain, but I was very happy to find something that goes with my kitchen. I chose not to have a soap dispenser built in because I have not had a good experience with the one I have in L.A.

Cleaning tip (if you do not already do this): I put my brushes in the top tray of the D/W when I run it, and they come out looking like new.

We bought a refurbished robo-vac for $110, and sounded like a good deal to me. It got good reviews, and we like it so far. I have a California King bed in Cathedral City, and it is very difficult to clean under that, which is one of the main reasons I got this. My main complaint about it is that the tray fills up rather quickly, but sand blows into my bedroom through the patio doors when we have sand storms. We bought a new door sweep for the front door to help keep this from happening in the living room, but the bedroom/patio door slides instead of swings.

nicole___ thanked Lars
  • salonva
    last year

I love seeing all the deals.

Ded--- that is fantastic! I never come across deals like that. I think it will definitely help your recovery and you'll probably decided to keep it because it is so great.

• deegw
    last year

DH and I do not exchange presents so I do not feel the least bit guilty about my 40% off Clare V purse and my 40% off Patagonia jacket and vest.

Also, I saw Sur La Table is having really good deals on Staub dutch ovens right now but I, unfortunately, don't need one.

nicole___ thanked deegw
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

I've seen some nice marble things at Marshalls lately. I recently bought a marble cake stand from pottery Barn that I like very much and evidently marble is trending in the mass market stores.

nicole___ thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I ALMOST purchased THIS little marble topped coffee table. The ARC had it for $22.50....but then hubby pointed out you couldn't put your feet under it and it grease stains.....oooooohhh. Marble is trending HERE BIG time!

• liasch
    last year

Seattle, I can see that would look fabulous on! No Goodwill here (Nova Scotia) but we have other options. That reminds me, I need to do some shopping at value Village or local Frenchies. Frenchies is our weird secondhand chain here in Nova Scotia, that brings up bales of clothing from the USA. You can get some very nice clothing.

nicole___ thanked liasch
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I own THIS Downbrige ORB Floor lamp. Free off CL. I purchased another one to match. Great for reading a book! $22 + $6 Shipping Ebay. They have ONE left if anyone is interested? Make them an offer Link

• liasch
    last year

Pkg of two William and Morris 20x20 pillow covers, on Amazon…about $10 CA each so likely less in USA. Double sided, hidden zipper, lightweight polyester velveteen.

nicole___ thanked liasch
  • nelliebean
    last year

A battery operated light for over a chair. It was $35 Canadian, but it works perfectly where I needed it. It has three different shade colours of white with three different intensity levels each. It charges by a usb and can be removed and used as a flashlight in case of a power outage.

nicole___ thanked nelliebean
  • liasch
    last year

Nelliebean Where did you get it? It looks like it would be a great thing for a power outage which is something we have here a fair bit.

nicole___ thanked liasch
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year

Athleta has been having a sale. I had 2 tops in my bag, then I received a $50 coupon in the mail which expires in a couple of weeks so shopped again. I found a pair of the tights I like on sale. I bought all 3, used the gift card, got free shipping and paid a grand total of $37 and change.

nicole___ thanked OutsidePlaying
  • teeda
    last year

Love this Belleek Everyday 2 qt. baker/casserole that I thrifted this morning for $4.99! Dishwasher Dishwasher/micro/oven safe. Made in Ireland by Belleek. Its china, but sits beautifully with my white ironstone collection. The basketweave pattern is beautiful. I can picture it on my Easter table.

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@teeda..It's gorgeous! ❤️

• teeda
    last year

Thanks nicole!

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

I've gotten some great deals lately at boden although I hate to see how low some of the prices have gotten on things I've bought already lol.

nicole___ thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • nelliebean
    last year

liasch, I got my light off amazon.ca. Just key in battery operated wall light.

nicole___ thanked nelliebean
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    last year

I got this pink Dooney purse and wallet set for $60 not to long ago. I am really enjoying it. It matches my PINK HOKA shoes perfectly.

also got a light brown Dooney for $25! All in like new condition.

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    last year

We are in the process of remodeling my bathroom for easier access with my wheelchair. And changing the tub for an accessible larger shower. I bought thithis bathroom vanity in powder gray with a farmhouse sink. Easier reach with that type of sink. Here is the vanity.

think it was a fair price, under $1400, free delivery. Top is Carrara Marble, matches the shower.

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@ravencajun Zone 8b TX...I really like my kitchen farmhouse sink...never thought of putting one in a bathroom. Very cool! ❤️

• Sueb20
    last year

I bought these sweatpants and matching sweatshirt (in pink) for DD last fall, and put them away for Christmas. Totally random gift and they were on a big sale so super inexpensive. She loved them. And she is super picky about her ”athletic wear.”

More recently, I bought myself a pair and I also love them and have been wearing them a lot over the past two weeks (covid in da house). I see they are on sale again so roughly $20.

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    last year

Progressive lenses, with shipping... $86. And, another pair for free. Which I gave to my child. She loved the frames I picked, so she has the exact same one. Eye Buy Direct.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor