The approaching coronation has me thinking
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
Related Discussions
It's Coronation day!
Comments (25)Oh man, went to bed early last night.. lol.. where to start - First off, Debbie.. be very very careful.. that damn movie is addicting.. lol I am 49 and a guy and that still popped in my head ;) 1 - Dog food area, well.. hard to do as my dadgum dog grabs a piece of food and hauls it to the freaking bedroom, eats it, then comes back for more.. lol.. so we are locating it in the laundry room and get him closer and out of the traffic.. heh. It is like dodging a bullet when he is on an eating run :P 2 - I totally agree with you guys on keeping the island the same color. I was thinking the same thing, it might be too much contrast. Here is the entire house layout: (ignore the red spots.. that was the water heater location picture.. lol) The fireplace is a mosaic of this: (picture the mosaic shown but in a flat tile like the second one) The walls will just be normal white walls, for now. We have not selected a paint. So, yea, we were thinking just leave the island the same color. Now, the outside of the house is a gray with white trim, but we are painting the front door a distressed Redwood Sequioia color, so the guy had an idea of "bring the outside in" and match the island, sorta like this: That was where his idea came from....but, not sure I am "feeling it" anymore.. was our original idea too.. heh.. but when we had lighter floors. @blf - I was thinking the same thing.. adding more drawers. I figured to wait till I see the current drawings, then add 2 more sections for drawers. I need some good large ones for my woks anyway. I also need a really large cabinet for my chili/stew pots. @Debbie - all appliances are stainless. We have the Capital Culinarisn 48" with a 54" hood (they ordered the hood yesterday.. heh) and we have a double fridge/freezer like this one (Frigidaire): And we upgraded the dual dishwashers to Bosch 500 series ones.. I have a friend that called a tech out two times thinking his was broken it was so quiet.. lol Let's see, what did I miss? Oh, sorry.. @desertsteph - We debated the sink on the island, and for most folks that is a thing, but for me.. I am very CDO (not ocd.. cdo.. because that is the order they go in...heh) and I generally get my stuff out and prep on the island, but have all the washing done beforehand. Counter space is my thing. Want to see me go nuts? When I wash pots and pans... in this apartment.. I have nowhere to set them so have to wash one, dry it wash another dry it.. I go nuts! lol.. I have to have space to wash wash wash and then dry, so I do not mess up my groove.. heh, so I opted not to get the sink. Oh.. the space by the sink. Here's a funny story.. who here loves "Everyone Loves Raymond". My grandmother and I were very close and before she passed away, she left me two things, no-one else would have ever wanted.. a wooden fork and spoon set and a "Last Supper" pewter framed picture she had that she gad gotten in South America in the 60's. To me, they were what I remembered from her home, and they are the corner piece of mine now. BUT.. this is funny..: So there is room on each side of the kitchen window for the fork and spoon ;) Russ...See MoreRose Midge...an approach that works for me...
Comments (18)StillAnn, What happens if you only spray the early spring shoots of once blooming roses since they don't produce any more flowers until next spring? You may ask? Good question. All the basal growth and more laterals produced will get midged. When after the damaged growth tip becomes useless for continued growth, the rose bush will send a message to the highest up the stem bud below the midge damage to take over. The stem at this point is very thin new growth, being at the tip, and the bud that is called into action is also very small. It being nearest the tip, the rose's front line 'soldier,' so to say, proceeds as commanded by the bush to take over the critical job of producing growth to sustain the life of the bush. In no time at all, this new, weak growth produced is in turn attacked by a later generation midge! The process repeats itself again and again all summer long until first frost. Examine the new growth produced on a rose bush, especially new basal canes, that have been raved by midge all season long...it's not a pretty sight. Zig zagged weak, depleated looking canes and lateral stems everywhere. Each zig was where a midge attacked. The zag is the new growth made up the stem a few inches, and then there's another midge damaged zig....on and on up the stem to its tip...weak, misshapen growth all over the bush. That's what midge does to one time blooming roses....See MoreKids expecting TWINS! Don't think they need a freezer! HA!
Comments (29)That's a great compromise. They don't feel pushed. You get to make sure they're fed properly. They'll get to assess their further needs when they come, assuming they're both rested enough at some point to notice. :) Re freezing, I learned a new trick this year. Instead of flat packs of soup, I made pucks. I don't think they take more room in the freezer. The advantage is you can just plunk a puck into a bowl and zap it. I did soup, chili, and something else I can't remember. The molds I have are 7 oz. Silicone so it's easy to peel out the frozen pucks and bag them. The molds fit on quarter sheet pans, which makes them easy to manage, carrying and setting in the freezer, topped with plastic wrap. The same thing would work great for baby food with appropriate sized pucks, which could be plonked into babyfood containers in the fridge to thaw, or zapped in a dish. Have fun cooking!...See Morewhy does the experts want me to take the easy approach to getting co
Comments (35)You seem to have a habit of using similar statements. For instance, the opening statement on both posts you started Oct 22 1- "why does the experts want me to take the easy approach to getting cold hardy citrus when their way won't bring me what I truly want a true lemon variety that is cold hardy" 2- "why do the experts want me only To go their way or growing cold hardy lemons they want me to do is hybrids not true lemons?" People have seen your goal since you started posting early this summer - We know you have chosen your path of trying to achieve a "true lemon" for a zone 2.5 zones beyond nominal for in ground. No need to keep making the statements on your desire. Start your lemon experiment, have fun in your trials....See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEStop the Toy Takeover by Changing the Way You Think
Make over your approach and get gift givers onboard with your decluttering efforts by providing meaningful toy alternatives
Full Story
COLORFUL HOMESCase Study: The Fearless Approach to Bold Color
Bland has no place in this San Diego home. See how the designer uses vivid hues with cohesiveness and without overwhelming
Full Story
MODERN ARCHITECTUREBuilding on a Budget? Think ‘Unfitted’
Prefab buildings and commercial fittings help cut the cost of housing and give you a space that’s more flexible
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Visionary Thinking Clicks With a San Francisco Entrepreneur
An open mind and an unusual process help a successful software engineer get an interior design that suits and celebrates his life
Full Story
PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNCreate a Remarkable Garden by Thinking in 3D
Thinking of your space as a dimensional piece of sculpture can make it grand no matter what size it is
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTMike Brady Lied to Me
Why "The Brady Bunch" is a terrible guide for the architectural profession
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESPro to Pro: Learn Your Client’s Thinking Style
Knowing how someone thinks can help you determine the best way to conduct an interior design presentation
Full Story
EXTERIOR COLORChoosing Color: 1 Home Has Fun With 5 Different Color Schemes
See a home’s potential for transformation with several new hues. Do you have a favorite?
Full Story
MODERN ARCHITECTUREHouzz Tour: Creative Thinking Yields a Lakefront 'Living Room'
Careful planning leads to a new structure and location for a stellar view
Full Story
vee_new