SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_degroot33

New Kitchen Appliance Dilemmas

Andrew D
last year

My wife and I are getting ready to re-do our kitchen and I am going crazy trying to figure out which combination of cooking appliances to get.

We currently have a 30" Thermador gas range, and it's better than the generic ranges I grew up on, but it definitely has it's limitations (gas oven, temperature inconsistencies, MEH convection, no probe port, XLO burner setting is useless). I cook A LOT, and my wife loves to bake so we are thinking that it would be smarter to get a rangetop and then wall ovens, but we cannot decide which route to go.

I would love to get more in to induction cooking, but I don't think I can give up on gas just yet. Induction will come with a big learning curve and I would prefer to leave myself the flexibility of using gas as I get used to induction. Ideally there would be a solution that incorporates both induction and gas in to the range/rangetop but the options are limited so I was looking to see if anyone has a combo of both gas and induction cooktops in their house?

I see Fisher and Paykel and Thermador both have ranges that incorporate induction and gas burners but I am hesitant due to our current experience with Thermador being a bit lackluster, and the reviews on Fisher and Paykel seem pretty hit or miss. Also, we would prefer a rangetop setup so we can have wall ovens.

Has anyone tried either of those two ranges and enjoyed them?

Has anyone Frankensteined an induction cooktop next to a 36" gas rangetop? I was thinking about the 15" Wolf module, but I think I would like more cooktop space to experiment with the induction more.

Comments (9)