SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
home08691

Kitchen appliance dilemma

home08691
10 years ago

Hi All,

After reading through a lot of garden web posts on the topic (love the advice here), I think we're back at square one.

We're getting a new house built and are shopping around for kitchen appliances. Our main restriction is that we need to get a CD/built in refrigrator due to the kitchen layout. Also, we love the thermador 36" cooktop (looked at culinarian cooktops, but not really in love with the looks of the knobs on the side).

So far we've zeroed in on all thermador appliances (due to the current offer) which is putting the price tag for all appliances around 15k. I know the electrolux ovens are probably better, but that's bumping up the price by ~1k since we break the package.

Here's what we've liked so far.

Thermador 42" built in T42BD820NS
36" cooktop SGSX365FS
single wall oven MED301JS
microwave drawer MD24JS (although we could go with a different MW since it doesn't need to be part of the package).

we then get a "free" DW/hood from thermador.

EW30MC75JS (electrolux combo) is the one we like.

I know the forums have advice against going for a package, but with the savings of 1-2k I'm wondering if there is really a big downside with going with these appliances. Would also love to get other recommendations that match the general form/function of the appliances mentioned.

Thanks

Comment (1)