SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nexp

Critique My Kitchen Plan

nexp
last year

In the planning stages for a kitchen renovation in a unique house. We're working with an architect as it's part of a larger structural remediation project, but don't currently have a KD. It's in what is technically a structural brick walk-out basement of a 150 year old house. Currently, the kitchen is a small, awkward space and the structural brick wall separates it from another awkward addition space. This will come out and beam installed to incorporate the spaces. The door in from the outside is at a patio area, and the three corner windows by the peninsula have nice water views.

The main question is oven placement. The plan shows one below the cooktop, but a 30" oven below a 36" cooktop doesn't work well. We'd really like two ovens, but the only place for double ovens (by the dining room entry) would sacrifice extremely useful counter space, so I'm thinking two single under-cab ovens - perhaps one under the window on the right side, and one in the peninsula?

Also, the refrigerator - I really don't want the expensive of an integrated fridge, but I'm not sure the design can tolerate the extra depth of a free-standing counter-depth.

Looking to use Ikea cabinets with custom faces. Ceiling height

is low - about 90" AFF. (This is not intended to be a final plan - it was the result of an idea session).

Thanks!

Comments (7)