SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diana_silva60

What´s wrong with my fiddle fig?

Diana Silva
11 months ago

Hi everyone,

I got this fiddle fig about a month ago. Came with some holes on one leaf but no other signals of any other problems. Other leaves were pretty healthy including this one despite of the holes. I put it at direct sunlight for a while because I wanted the new leaves to grow used to stronger light. A new leaf popped out with edema which is fine. Very recently, a few days ago, I´ve transferred it from soil to semi hydroponic in leca and during my inspection for development I´ve realized the reddish dots were more predominant under the leaves (I´m not sure if it was like this before transferring to leca). Also there was these yellow tiny dots which I started to notice after transfering but were there before as I can see it in the older picture. Now, I do not have a special fertilizer for the fiddle fig, I´m using the same I use for all plants the General Hydroponics 3 part plus Diamond Nectar 0-1-1, Rapid Start 1-0.5-1 and CaliMag 1-0-0. For all I use 1 tablespoon per gallon less the Rapid Starter which I use half of a tablespoon. I´ve watered it when in soil a few times with this solution before transferring to leca and was ok. It´s in the shade but near a south facing window (1st picture was the first location but I moved it after that), also grow lights that goes on during the day and proving an extra 2h (about 14h of light), humidity relatively high (varies between 70% something to 90%). I don´t see any major red flags and it seems the yellow dots were there before (I´m just not sure about the purplish). Can you help figuring this out and if a nutrient deficiency how can I use the fertilizers that I do have in a more balanced way. I also use tap water which in Toronto it´s not the worst as I never had any problems and I always filter it first and I usually have the water filtered a day before so there´s no chlorine on it. Much appreciated!!

Comments (6)