SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
afdouglass

What is wrong with my Fiddle Leaf Fig?

afdouglass
3 years ago

I got a beautiful Fiddle Leaf Fig as a house warming gift that is showing signs of both under and over watering I believe. I watered every week for the first couple of weeks, soaking the dirt with lots of water. It started drooping so the florist told me it could be too much water. I switched to watering every other week but continued to soak the dirt. It now shows brown rotted leaves starting at the edges and has dropped a leaf off the bottom every few days. Because of this I took the water amount down to 2 exact cups on my last watering which was recommended online. This seems like a very small amount of water to me though. It also shows some drooping leaves as well which many people tell me is under watering. The plant has healthy new growth and the new leaves are large and perfect. It gets indirect sunlight all day by a window and I live in an old somewhat drafty house.

I’m wondering if the changes I have made to the watering schedule and amount simply have this plant in distress and I need to stay the course of low water every 2 weeks or there is something else happening here. Help me!!!

Comments (4)