SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merrylawn

Induction, propane range top- Wolf, GE Cafe'?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Merrylawn
last year
last modified: last year

Having a REALLY hard time deciding on cooking appliances. There are so many ways to go and just when I think I have made a decision, I read more threads and am right back to being unsure!

I think a cooktop/rangetop is the way to go, plus wall ovens. I really want a 36" cooktop for space but not a 36" oven. So, I figured a 36" cooktop and 30" wall ovens would be the best way to go. Here's my problem...

1) I love the look and qualty of Wolf but I'm still reading about the chipping problem and don't want to be disappointed after spending that much money. The guy at one of the appliance centers I visited said he knew nothing about this (yeah, right).

2) I LOVE the french door option of the GE Cafe' wall ovens. I'm short and I'm concerned that regular drop down wall ovens will be difficult for me to access. Saw the Bosch wall ovens with side opening doors- very nice! I don't know anything about Bosch- ovens reliable?

3) Not sure if I should go with an induction cooktop or gas(propane) rangetop. Is it worth getting a Wolf induction? Think yes for the gas rangetop. Will I regret induction? Have electric now so anything is an upgrade.

4) I could do a wall oven under the cooktop and another wall oven at a good height for me in another location...mega bucks if it's Wolf.

If Wolf is still living up to their reputation I guess it's the way to go -but the more practical side of me is considering other brands that have features that seem to have ease of use. And lastly, how will mixing brands look?

This is an exhausting and nerve wracking process! Our contractor isn't available until next year but urged me to get appliances now because of manufacturing delays. Hoping some of you folks can help me decide! Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)