SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ded_tired

My split personality

Ded tired
last year

Maybe you have noticed that sometimes my screen name is Ded tired and sometime it is……

Comments (44)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

yup, i did

Ded tired thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • dedtired
    last year

Dedtired. Its weird but when i sign in on my newer iPad, i’m Ded tired and on my old iPad Im Dedtired. At one point in time I had to,reregister here and signed up as Ded tired. For some reason my iPad resurrected that account.

At least this way I can talk to myself. Not sure how to remedy it, but oh well.

• Related Discussions

Split Personalities....

Q

Comments (8)
    I'm laughing because I thought I was the only one who took a gazillion pictures of my grandchild sleeping!!! Funny I wasn't like that when my kids were little, but there is just something about us grandmothers isn't there! I'm even worse now that I have my digital camera! Just a few years ago I would take a roll of film, develope it in my dark room and just pray that one would be good enough to print. Now it is just instant gradification.( Altho I do sometimes miss messing around with my chemicals) gotta love those lashes!
    ...See More

Split Personality

Q

Comments (4)
    marciasc: A friend of mine carries his camera everywhere now. He is in the towing business. A few years ago he got sued over damage to a car. Since then he takes a photo prior to doing anything at any incident where he is called. Saved him numerous bucks. The other day my son was coming back from work when he spotted a waterspout approaching the Skyway Bridge in St Petersburg. He had his camera with him, sold the photo to the St Petersburg Times that day. ALWAYS HAVE YOUR CAMERA AVAILABLE! One never knows what the next minute may bring. As the Boy Scout Mottoe says, BE PREPARED.
    ...See More

Kaleidochrome has split personalities

Q

Comments (7)
    Yanno Gary, I don't know? Last year it had actually regressed a bit before leaping so it did look more like yours, then. But I never had either, in my gardens before. And I can't remember the differences between the two maturer ones I have seen, because I guess I just didn't pay attention Lolz. It does say in the HL the leaves widen as it matures... More Montana like than longpipes like. Not a lick of natural white streaks in mine... Some yellow has turned white where sun dapples in. But the pictures have me wondering. Does anyone who has mature Kaleidochrome or Kaleidoscope have any input, maybe... Or better yet, pics?
    ...See More

Oh what a difference a day makes!

Q

Comments (3)
    They remind me the ladies at my work going through life changing for some reason..... moody. :-) Pretty blooms!
    ...See More
  • Jilly
    last year

For some reason, I always want to call you deedee. :)

Ded tired thanked Jilly
  • Ded tired
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Deedee is cuter but dedtired is more fitting. Ive often thought of changing it to something more upbeat. However, if the shoe fits, wear it!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

For most of the GW people I have met, I cannot shake their screennames. I call AD Annie and think of her that way. For you, though, I always want to call you your IRL name, maybe because it is short and when I shorten Dedtired ....uhhh

• Sueb20
    last year

Mtn, you are still and forever "Mountain" in my mind.

And Ida is still Aunt Jen.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Ida was something else too but now I forget what?

• Ded tired
    Original Author
    last year

Mtn, in my mind i pronounce you name as Mintin. Promise not to call you that irl. yes, Annie will always be Annie to me.

• Ida Claire
    last year

I was so many other things that even I can't remember.

• Springroz
    last year

turquoise something...

• SEA SEA
    last year

I've noticed that Ded. I remember the explanation you gave a while ago now and it makes sense. I like your screen name though and I too say--me too when I see it!

I was flying cross country a couple years ago. Had a layover in Seattle. I saw SEA everwhere on tags, signs, etc...I kept having a gasp of why is my name on that? lol When dh is watching football, I'll see my screen name on the tv when they are talking about Seattle Seahawks and I have a momentary gasp then too. I need to stop that. lol Wish I was more creative the day I had to make a screen name. Save me a lot of gasping.

It took me some time to figure out Ida's name when I came on here back in the day. One day it clicked, and I thought, that's a clever lady! For a long time I thought how that was a pretty name, then the light bulb turned on. : ) I didn't know Aunt Jen. Before my time.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I was surprised that Annie Deighnaugh would use her full name and surname! LOL

SEA, we still laugh about seeing the WTF! banners all up and down the street when we went to the famed Williamstown Theatre Festival. I imagine more than a few of those get stolen.

• maire_cate
    last year

Well as long as you're not hearing voices I think you'll be fine!

Mtn is and probably will always be Mtn.

Whenever I see Orchidrain post for some reason I read orchid drain.

I didn't intend to have an underscore in my name (I think it's affected and annoying) but apparently GW thought it was necessary.

Maire

• Ally De
    last year

Wasn't Jen Turquoise Rose? And also Ocotillo for awhile? (Why I remember those arcane details but can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday sort of scares me....)

I changed my name. I used to use a combo of my real first name and current city, but some wackadoo took offense to my position that people who are transgender are worthy of basic human rights... and started sending me vaguely threatening private messages.

Also yes I too see Orchid Drain. My brain creates interesting mish-mashes of names all the time, and then I can never get the wrong name out of my head. Amy was ATK and nothing I could do changed that in my head.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

I think it was Indigo Rose...?

I hadn't even noticed, ded, but then I often skim past usernames. I often need to scroll back up to see who was making a comment 😄

And I've always had the same screen name, but added the zone info later on for the gardening discussions. I used to spend all my time on the gardening side of things.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    last year

To me, its always ”Aunt Jen” I have seen how she loves her family, and it always fit the best in my mind.

• jane__ny
    last year

I'm JaneNY but now live in Florida. I tried to change it but they gave me a hard time, so I just left it.

• roy4me
    last year

I used to be Carol_in_California and somehow got changed.

Now I am roy4me.

Roy is my husband of 60 years

• Lars
    last year

Annie Deighnaugh explained that her name is a homophone for "Any Day Now," but I never got that until she said it. I was pronouncing her last name de-NAW.

I'm very bad at getting things, including jokes. I think I take things to seriously - or perhaps too literally at times. I very seldom tell jokes myself, except by accident.

• bbstx
    last year

Like Carolb, I tend to skim past names have to go back to see who said what.

I saw someone posting somewhere, maybe FB, earlier this week as Ida Clare. It took me a minute to notice the difference in spelling from our Ida Claire.

I didn’t catch on to Annie until she explained it. Sometimes I’m dense.

Mtn is Mountain to me. Dedtired/Ded Tired is Ded, which always elicits a kind of oh-dear sigh. Kswl is pronounced kwhistle in my head, although I know that isn’t the order of the letters. Sueb20 is Sueby (rhymes with ”soupy”).

I wish I had a clever screen name. In another group, one of the members always referred to me as Bobby Sox, then I became just Sox.

• barncatz
    last year

My screen name "pronunciations" are the same as those used by bee bee stix.

• DLM2000-GW
    last year

dedtired always makes me feel less alone! And I had to have Annie's name explained to me, too. Ida Claire is still Aunt Jen in my head. I've made a conscious effort to pay more attention to who is posting/replying but my default is just to read and only check later if needed. When I am replying to someone without a tagging them I almost always enlarge the screen to make sure I'm getting the name right - I've made a few bloopers and for sure have twisted Kswl.

I've been the same DLM2000 forever and ever but at some point Houzz decided to lose the caps and for a while I became dlm2000 which would occasionally get shortened to dim by someone replying to me. I hope it's only before I've had my coffee that dim would fit.

• Jasdip
    last year

On my phone, my name shows up as Jasdip1, but on computer which I use all the time anyway, it's Jasdip.

Mtn is always mountain to me. Carol in California, I didn't realize you are Roy4me. I remember you as the other.

Everytime I hear Ronnie Milsap, I think of Annie. I love her clever play!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Amy was ATK and nothing I could do changed that in my head.

I have always had that problem, too, I wonder why?

Yes, it is Orchid Drain

Even though it is ungainly, i always hear Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens for KSWL

Always need to remind myself that Marti In Ca is not Martin.

Jen wins for the most wardrobe changes, for sure.

• maire_cate
    last year

My apologies to Kswl. Even though I'm aware of the meaning behind the initials - my brain sees KissWhistle.

And while there isn't any reason behind this since the words sound the same to me - I always think 'Did' instead of Ded.

• SEA SEA
    last year

Orchid Drain. B B Sticks. Mountain Road Re-do. Mountain for short.

I'm really glad Amy changed her name as I would ruin it on the regular in the past incarnation.

K Swall--not sure what a swall is, probably nothing, but that is how KSWL's name rolls in my mind. I appreciate DLM's screen name as I don't seem to turn that into something else in my head.

• Patriciae
    last year

for reasons beyond me I got changed to an h number for a while but like having a cold it went away and I came back to the name I had from the beginning. The e is because all the patricia names from a to d were taken. It does give me that biological glavor though yhat I like.

• jojoco
    last year

Mine was supposed to be ”jojo&co” but gw wouldnt accept it. It still works. I read ”ded” and instantly translate to your real name. Kswl I read as ”kewl” . The one that always throws me is ”ladypat“ which for some dumb reason I read with an ”r” thrown in the secon half.

I m working on it.

• kathyg_in_mi
    last year

Have had the same name since I started when Spike was running it.

• jane__ny
    last year

Same with me. How I remember Spike!

• Ded tired
    Original Author
    last year

I even remember paying a $15 membership fee to Spike.

• dedtired
    last year

I think I’m back to no-space me on both ipads again. Hope it lasts.

• barncatz
    last year

Yay! I miss your little guy when it's not there.

• Ded tired
    Original Author
    last year

Sigh sometimes Im spacey.

• dedtired
    last year

And sometimes Im not. This is all on the same ipad.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Weird!

• gigitn
    last year

My grandma name is Gigi, and I live in Tennessee, nothing hard to figure out there. But wait - Mtn doesn't stand for mountain???

• jane__ny
    last year

Dedtired, I totally forgot the $15.00 for Spike. I sent it too. I would have paid anything to keep it running. So many friends in Orchids and Gardening.

It has changed so much, sadly.

Jane

• Ally De
    last year

I came right after Spike, but his memory was still very much alive and talked about. I still to this day threaten to send my dogs to the teacups when they're annoying me. 😄

• salonva
    last year

I've been here a long time and I do remember Spike but I don't recall paying. Maybe I took a break? I did have a different screen name with my actual first name in it, which I didn't like.

I may be confusing this forum (but I don't think I am)- did Spike ever request packages of goodies for the troops? Because that I absolutely remember.

thanks.

• dedtired
    last year

I dont remember being asked to send anythimg to the troops. I dont think Spike ever actually posted, at least not that i recall. Imdidmget sent to the teacups once for misspelling the word duck. Maybe thats why I have two accounts! Maybe I reregistered under a slightlu different name to get back in. Its starting to come back to me.

• Bunny
    last year

Mtn doesn't stand for mountain???

• deegw
    last year

IIRC, the $15 was for an enhanced version of Gardenweb. I think that after a time Spike needed money to keep things running and you had to pay to post. You still could read for free. I could be totally wrong, it was a looooong time ago. I definitely remember paying for something.