March Reading 2023
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (66)
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
What are you reading? March 2023 Edition
Comments (121)Bunny I cant figure out how to post the link with a descrption of it. I just get the raw link. I don’t see how to label it March inside the April thread. I seldom use my phone for posting so am always at a loss. This is what I get https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/6361815/what-are-you-reading-april-2023-edition#n=1...See MoreVeggie Tales March 2023
Comments (57)A little bit of poking around in the kitchen garden. Trays hardening off a week ago are seeing their first full night outside under the caps. A few of them got planted in. I figure if the overwintered ones are good, the new ones might as well go in where the are supposed to go instead of stayng in the trays. Two bins planted with taters. Kinnebecks. The grapes, raspberries, and asparagus I potted up a week ago got moved out to a cap. A lot of stuff got watered with compost water, the bin under the tumbler was full and brown. A big spending day for the garden. Plant orders. I get to start with the new fruits and nuts this year. A smokehouse apple ordered through a local nursery. I already have a couple apples out back to add this one to. Also picked up German Butterball potatoes to plant two more kitchen bins with. Then it was online ordering. Four pomegranate bushes, two white, two pink. I realize red is more traditional, but pink and white mean less staining. An apricot, ligonberry, jostaberry, flowering currant, serviceberries. A couple shellbark hickories, two each of three kinds of hazelnuts. I think I'm going to need to finish up the plant nursery out back sooner rather than later, lol. I ordered smaller plants, so it's likely I'm going to want to grow them out for a year before planting them out. I'm kind of proud of myself for ordering this year. Usually I think about it too early in the fall when I'm harvesting stuff and it's too early to order plants... then forget about it till I'm out spring plant shopping and it's too late to order what I want. Completely blew the budget. Hopefully it will be worth it in a year or few :)...See MoreShow Us Your Landscape and Gardens-A Photo Thread -Dec 2022-March 2023
Comments (11)Okay, now I have some time to see everyone’s photos and post a couple. Deanna - Nice group of photos - I didn’t winter sow this year, I’d love to see what you do with the Clarkia later. That is a pretty winter scene. We were fortunate not to lose power too, but we barely had 5 inches of snow. Friends and family in NH lost their power overnight and then got it back by noon the next day, thankfully. They had almost 15 inches of wet heavy snow. Your crocus patch looks vigorous! Mine are a little anemic this year. That sunset is amazing - not just a few clouds coloring, but the whole sky! Cute cat…does it live outdoors? Sue, I guess you can tell where you have the most shade by where you still have snow left. Another patch of crocus that looks very vigorous! Love that! Your backlit Hellebore is so pretty! My foliage was pretty yellow when it first sprouted. Yours looks like it has large leaves. MGallica - LOVE the snowdrops! That is a lot of volunteers from a small planting. I just started planting snowdrops about 5 years ago and I was impressed by how much they reseed, so I decided last fall to add more in other areas. They came up fine but now I’ll have to wait to see them make a good showing. Here is the spread I had that was also from a very small amount of the original bulb… This Hellebore is always the first one up... Not a good day to try to get the crocus it's windy. This location is the only place in the garden I still have crocus. The critters ate a lot of different varieties of them. Not sure the name of the purple but it reseeds prolifically. I have a bed on the other side of the driveway from here that has only reseeded crocus from this bed. I don't know if you can see it but the rabbits were chewing on my Clethra this winter. They also chewed all the stems on a small Calycanthus so low I had to cut it back to the ground....See MoreWhat are you reading? December 2023 Edition
Comments (68)I just finished The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger. 4 grateful stars. I've been in the doldrums reading-wise since the spring. I've only finished a couple of books in that time. I've started many, and, like food that has a bad taste or no taste, I put them down, unable to read on. Maybe this book has ended the drought. I have loved many of Krueger's books before this one, and it was just the ticket for me, a good story, great characters, letting the story tell itself without fussing over it. Flawed people who find some redemption along the way....See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ PRODUCT NEWSWhat Will We Want in Our Landscapes in 2023?
Read 8 trends landscape designers predict for home gardens and outdoor living spaces this year
Full Story
HOUZZ TV5 Home Design Trends on the Horizon in 2023
See and read how natural materials, modern rustic style and other design trends are expected to take off this year
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNWhat Will We Want in Our Landscapes in 2023?
Read 8 trends landscape designers predict for home gardens and outdoor living spaces this year
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe 5 Most Popular Outdoor Makeovers of 2023
Get fresh ideas for a yard, patio or porch from these most-read outdoor remodeling stories of the year
Full Story
TRENDING NOWWatch the 5 Most Popular Houzz TV Episodes of 2023
Take virtual tours of — and read about — the stylish homes featured in our most-watched Houzz TV videos of the year
Full Story
TRENDING NOWTop 10 Home Offices So Far in 2023
Houzz readers took note of functional built-ins, light-filled spaces and smart ways to set up a multipurpose room
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSThe 10 Most Popular Living Rooms of Spring 2023
Built-in cabinetry, soft and earthy palettes and thoughtful furniture layouts fill these most-saved new photos on Houzz
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe 10 Most Popular Kitchens of Spring 2023
Get ideas for island lighting, cool counter stools and white-and-wood cabinets from these most-saved new photos on Houzz
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe 10 Most Popular Bathrooms of Spring 2023
Get ideas for playful tile, inviting bathtubs and stunning showers from the most-saved new bathroom photos on Houzz
Full Story
BEDROOMS10 Most Popular Bedrooms so Far in 2023
Get ideas for dark and moody designs and light and airy looks from the most-saved new bedroom photos this year
Full Story
yoyobon_gw