SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparkleivy

How do I put drama and modern decor into my curved staircase entry?

sparkleivy
last year

I am remodeling a home I just purchased and need your help with designing a beautiful entry way. The space needs to be “warmed up” and made inviting while making a dramatic statement. So, I’d prefer to avoid the standard round table / plant / chair combo unless the pieces or arrangement are truly unique. Also, I love striking art and need suggestions on how to display on the curved wall.

My style is lush modern / contemporary (I love great fabrics and materials) with a just a teeny hint of sparkle. I hate traditional, farm, country, beachy, etc. and I’m trying not to default into transitional. My color palette is cool neutrals (grey, beige, taupe, black) with touches of rich burgundy and navy. Walls are pale beige, floor is pale grey, staircase trim & doors are black. All other trim is white.

One note, I have navy carpet to replace the runner but am not sure I want to do that now. I like the warmer beige as contrast. But let me know what you think.

The overall entry space is 11’ x 9’3” and the right angle created by the ends of curved stair wall is approx 5”10 x 5’8”. Thanks so much!!!

Included are pictures before reno and after.

Comments (9)