SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

Setting the Table for Valentine’s Day Dinner

Kswl
last year
last modified: last year

We were planning to have our celebration on Sunday afternoon but Thomas has a virus (garden variety this time) and we’re postponing til next weekend. Meanwhile I’ve been working on the table. Red and pink roses will fill the low center silver piece and stems go in the two tall chased silver vases. I usually put red roses in the low bowl and pinks in the vases but may throw caution to the wind this year and mix it up 😎 I won’t pick up the roses until next Friday so I bought some tulips today so the table will look pretty until then.

The chargers are red lacquer, tablecloth is pale pink and very subtle white damask from WS with a fun, 50’s inspired cotton printed 50” square across the middle of the table. Pink cotton napkins, wine glasses a combination of vintage Czech crystal and 2 Estelles at head and foot. I am toying with the idea of strewing candy hearts (Be Mine, etc) on the table. The ceiling will be filled with white, pink and red helium baloons. Dinner will be roast chicken with roasted carrots and mushroom risotto, a salad of poached pears on a bed of greenleaf lettuce with toasted almonds and a drizzle of poppyseed dressing, and hot fudge sundaes for dessert with a few heart shaped truffles on the side. Hoping I haven’t forgotten anything, but if so there is time for remedy. Are you doing anything special to celebrate Valentine’s this year?

Those eagle eyes among you may recognize this dog that carries salt and pepper in little porcelain buckets with tiny spoons. I hadn’t used mine in ages until I saw it in a Dallas homeworthy video a few months ago someone posted here!

Comments (29)