I'll show you mine/you show me yours - T 1/24/23

Let's get emotional this week:

M- Happiness

T- Sadness

W- Serenity

Th- Excitement

F- Gratitude

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (18)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last year

In the spring, someone in the neighborhood must've gotten a pair of Muscovky ducks and they weren't happy so they walked away to live in the wild. They were flightless. The pair were inseparable....he was never more than a foot or 2 away from her. Then one day, he was all alone. Something must've gotten her, most likely a fox or coyote. He seemed ok but lonely. It took a few days of arguing, but finally he made his way into a group of canada geese at our pond and he'd hang with them. But they, of course, could fly. Once I saw him waddling as fast as he could to catch up to them as they'd flown to the next pond. Once he saw them, he calmed down and strolled the rest of the way. We nicknamed him Bobby because of how he bobbed his head when he waddled. As it was getting closer to fall, I was discussing him with the neighbors about how we could care for him during the winter. Seems our plans were for naught as one day I hear a terrible squawking from the marsh, and alas, no more Bobby. He must have met the same fate as his mate. RIP Bobby.

• arcy_gw
    last year

From the war this person fought in, to the NEED for a strong military, to the sacrifices made by the families as well as those enlisted, an over whelming feeling of sadness decends when you walk this road.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    last year

From some of the great statuary at a large cemetery in Genoa

• nicole___
    last year
    last modified: last year

Buffalo ranch in South Park CO. When fences were blown down by bad weather, the neighbor shot and killed 32 bison illegally, 7 were pregnant females, saying they damaged his trees & grass. Link to article

• jrb451
    last year

Pretty depressing thread. A feeder favorite, Piebald Cardinal,

meets his fate

• dedtired
    last year

Somebody was sad when their Tesla got demolished in a bad accident. There were three cars involved, i saw two. The other had a back end that looked like an accordian. Lots of police cars, fire trucks and an ambulance. Please slow down folks, and don’t run red lights.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    last year

His sadness, not mine, nyuk.

• Jasdip
    last year

I bought a bangle and had it engraved with something that hubby would say

• stacey_mb
    last year

I'm sad to realize that DH and I likely won't be taking any more major trips. This photo is of the Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) in Dresden, with repaired war damage. Dresden is paired with Coventry in the U.K., in their hope for peace after the bombing they suffered. The Frauenkirche had a wonderful commemorative display. I had listened to a great audiobook, The Dresden Manuscripts, written by a U.S. choir director where Dresden churches are featured.

• dimac83
    last year

omg Nicole, that's terrible.

• nicole___
    last year

dimac.....What's even stranger.....we drove around and didn't see the large herd of grazing wild antelope either....?

• Lars
    last year

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    last year

The steak and kidney pie has all gone ....

• LynnNM
    last year

A little memorial. Our wonderful 11 y/o boy, Knight, passed from cancer right after Thanksgiving. I still miss him so much!

• woodrose
    last year

Nicole, I can't imagine how mean and evil a person would have to be to do something like that.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

I cannot click the 'Like' button on these - they are all so sad!

Younger sister at eldest grandaughter's 4th birthday party 12 years ago...

• glenda_al
    last year

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last year

Sad thread, yes, but part of life. As they say, without sadness, there can be no happiness...