SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suze425

Two adjacent empty kitchen walls - need decorating!

last year

We’ve been in our newly gutted/renovated house for about 6 weeks and I’m hoping to get down to a little more actual decorating of the kitchen. I purposefully kept it very neutral, knowing I’d bring in color with art and decorations. Right about now I’m actually feeling desperate for a little color.

Because I have the 2 adjacent walls, both empty and relatively large, I want to make sure that whatever I do on one goes well with whatever I do on the other. But I don’t want them to be too matchy-matchy. Does that make sense?

As you can see from my clear countertops, I like things uncluttered. I feel that I cluttered my walls in my last house and I want to avoid that here. I’d like it to look simple and neat. My kitchen is self-contained and a true eat-in, so I’m not worried about complementing any other room in the house. (Note: even if you think I should be concerned with coordinating with my living room, through the French doors which are almost always open, I’m just not…)

What I don’t want: word art (I’m over it), a command center (we’re empty nesters, so not too much to command), or a beach theme (we are at the beach, but as I said above, I overdid it in my previous house and I’m not interested in going that route again in this kitchen)

What I like: botanical art and vintage kitchen posters

What I’m open to, but not sure how to or if I should use: a wall clock, a mirror, baskets, boards

I’m guessing this is going to be a work-in-progress for a while and I’m not wanting to rush and get it all done immediately. But I feel that I need a bit of a plan and a place to start.

Also, IRL my lighting is nowhere near this harsh and the reflections and shadows are not an issue. Something about taking a photograph - it doesn’t show as well.

Any suggestions on what to get and how to pull it together would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH