SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristel_quintana

Does this look okay? Two different wood look floors in adjacent rooms

Kristel Quintana
6 years ago

I'm in a quandary over my flooring choice. I ordered some Flooret vinyl flooring for my kitchen. The small sample seemed to look good but I underestimated how the light would effect a larger area. I love the quality and it's very pretty but it's darker than I thought it would be. It looks okay during the day but at night it's even darker. When you are standing right next to the transition it seems to blend better but when standing in the kitchen - again it looks much darker (last pic). The adjacent rooms have wood look bamboo floating floors. I don't want tile and I'm concerned about continuing the bamboo in the kitchen. I know there is going to be a transition of some kind and even if I went with tile it would not be a light color. I do like the contrast with the cabinet door (pictured in photo IKEA). I'd like to get some opinions. Also, is it possible to do a pretty decorative transition with tile ( a little I can do) or contrasting wood even though both floors are floating? I'm not crazy about the bulky transition strips. If this flooring is used we will add 1/4" subfloor which will make it level with the other room. The Flooret is fairly thick.

Comments (16)