Do you have any redheads in your family?
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (42)
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you still have any colored Jades? Please show us your Pics:)
Comments (15)Norma: That's ok. Bunnygirl: Lol, that is my knee. Yes, I did notice the leaves are growing really tight too. They must love the light, and not the snow of course. Josh: Of course you know I am cheating, right? Come in about a month or two, yours should start doing a heck of lot better in the color department! Look forward to that. Thanks;-) Linda: Hello Linda? Are you getting buried anytime soon again? We had our turn last night! Some places here had Hurricane force winds which peaked at 90 miles per hour with 3 inches of snow falling an hour all night..Oh, what a miserably cold winter so far:-( The colors do certainly pick you us which leads to, Marquest: I am happy that I could do that for you. I hope all is ok. It has been a while since I have seen you around! We will always be here to lift you up with everyone's amazing plants all times of the year. Have you seen Tom's thread about flowers this time of year? Very nice! YW Marquest. Cheers everyone. i hope yours start coloring up soon. If Pug wasn't so busy, I bet she would post a few of her beauties.....See MoreDo any of you have photos of your pole bean structures?
Comments (11)I have tried two types. Type #1 was 1.5" pvc pipe supporting "rabbit" fencing (vinyl coated 3' grid fencing --I used two strips for a 6' high fence). This worked real well through the season, but in a fall storm the plastic bent. I will abandon this method. Type #2 was 2- 2x4x8' put in 30" deep fence post holes, with a third 4' long 2x4 used as a top piece. I drilled 1/2" holes every 6" inches in the boards. I then used apple and pear branches ("water sprouts") and grape vine pieces left over from pruning to make a trellis inside the 2x4's weaving them between the holes in a random pattern, occasionally tying as needed with wire. It is funky, sturdy, looks good, and the beans liked it. I will build more of these to replace the plastic pipe as soon as I prune this spring. Sorry no pics....See MoreDo you have tile/travertine in your family room?
Comments (24)Like I said, our floor(s) is very easily cleaned with a sponge mop. I have found that some travertines are more sensitive to etching. For ex., the travertine in our guest bathroom etches most easily. The tiniest droplet of TB cleaner or Lysol tub cleaner (or pee!), wiped up within seconds of hitting the floor, will often leave a small dull spot (which is easily "buffed" out with a green scrubbie, BTW). The travertine in our hall bath is much, much less sensitive, and appears to not etch as readily, if at all (so far). The FR travertine also appears to be very dense, and less prone towards stains or etches. We had the same travertine that is in the guest bathroom , in our entryway from the garage. We didn't baby it in the least, and only swapped it out in order to have a continuous run of the tile that is now in the FR. We don't remove our shoes when coming in from the garage, and tracked in our fair share of dirt and grit, and slid bags and boxes across the tile when bringing in stuff from garage. The old travertine did scratch, but they were all surface scratches. I camouflaged them with a colored permanent marker (buffing away any excess with a piece of fine steel wool), and they were barely detectable if at all. Travertine tile can always be professionally polished/re-honed if necessary anyway. So that is something to keep in mind. We don't find our floors to be a big deal maintenance-wise beyond avoiding placing bottles/containers of caustic materials directly on them. We avoid doing so on our wood floors, as well....See MoreDo any of you have to deceive your dogs?
Comments (29)On occasion it happens that my dogs get tricked. To me which would be harder on the dog, not getting a treat when I need to bring them in. OR me picking up a 80 lb plus dog or pulling and dragging him in I have done both. (this is not the norm occasionally my lab gets it in his head that he wants to stay out all night) Trust me the fake out is way better especially at midnight. Also works turning out the light and closing the door wait for 5 minuets then go get him. ( that trick I learned from my dad and me not getting home on time ) As for those who think resorting to a trick as poor training I say forget you. There is a lady at work likes to compare her oh so trained border collie which she got as a 3 month old pup to my big lab that I adopted when he was over a year old and had no socialization. When I share stories about my dohinkuses which are intended to be funny glimpses into the trials and tribulations of my dogs she always has a comment about how her dog always listens etc. In my own defense there have been many behaviors that I have resolved so I understand the need for training for safety of the dog and humans, and their of course needs to be rules but I would never ever ever want one of those overly trained dogs who have no free will cause their owners have replaced it with theirs. So yeah I have and will continue to trick my dogs if I need to if it means they get to be themselves. Oh yeah and did I mention the well trained border collie never gets walked cause she pulls on the lead.... hmmm :) Love my doggies...See More- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

COTTAGE STYLEHouzz Tour: Cozy Country Cottage Provides a Family’s R&R
An Australian interior designer updates a 1900s home for escapes from the city
Full Story
COLORFUL HOMESColor and Pattern Make a Family’s Home Cozy and Happy
‘Polished farmhouse’ style brings comfort and joy to a newly constructed house
Full Story
KITCHEN ISLANDSPlan Your Kitchen Island Seating to Suit Your Family’s Needs
In the debate over how to make this feature more functional, consider more than one side
Full Story
FARMHOUSESMy Houzz: Eclectic Vintage Charm in a Family’s Texas Farmhouse
See how this family of 3 created a Wi-Fi- and TV-free weekend home that has a country music theme
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEA Hidden Charging Cabinet Corrals and Juices Family’s Electronics
The Hardworking Home: Laptops, phones and tablets now have a safe space in this kitchen, keeping the countertops uncluttered
Full Story
DISASTER PREP & RECOVERYFamily’s New Style Rises in the Aftermath of a Flood
After their damaged walls are demolished, homeowners realize they like the open space and decide to keep it
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHow to Focus Your Family Room on Family
Reclaim your room from screens and headphones with these ideas for fostering family togetherness
Full Story
MY HOUZZDesigner Breathes Life Into Her Family’s Historic Home
Take a look inside this lovingly renovated former barn in suburban Chicago
Full Story
OUTBUILDINGSBackyard Cottage Expands a Virginia Family’s Living Space
The ADU serves as home office, entertainment hub, kids’ fort and guest house
Full Story
PATIOSPatio Details: Covered Dining Area Extends a Family’s Living Space
Large sliding glass doors connect a pergola-covered terrace with a kitchen and great room in Seattle
Full Story


floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK