SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Butter board on TV.

plllog
last year
last modified: last year

It was Jennifer Hudson. A younger woman was presenting several ”boards”. I turned on the TV after the intro, but saw them approaching the butter board first. IIRC, it was counter height, which, I think makes it easier. For sure, they weren't bending to reach. Both Ms. Hudson and the presenter were having trouble getting the butter on the bread, and resorted to a utensil. I don't know if it was a physical difficulty or a manners aversion to just leaning in and smooshing their bread in it. Ms. Hudson also seemed averse to eating much butter in general. I think the serving style put too much butter in play.

The second board was smeared with cream cheese, with a flurry of lox and other bagel fixings. Ms. Hudson seemed to like this better, but again, the smoosh and grab was not observed and they resorted to utensils. The way the bagels were cut didn't seem to fit either dynamic. Also, if they were very fresh, they would have been too soft for dipping. Being that they were cut in half, both directions, they weren't strong enough to dip, and were too awkward to get anything on the flat face, hovering with no plate or anything. Ms. Hudson succeeded with the utensil, but then it was an awkward pile to eat with no plate or napkin.

One of the boards had pretty flowers. The presenter kept touting the edible flowers, so Ms. Hudson gamely ate a bite with one and said it tasted like grass. The presenter tried it, agreed and said not to eat edible flowers.

The last one I saw was peanutbutter smear, drizzed with nutella and honey, and sprinkled with what looked like nuts, served with oreos, nutterbutters and something either chocolate chip cookie, or raisin or something. The sandwich cookies were firm enough to dip successfully in the goo, and the peanutbutter worked better being used as a dip, on the edge of the cookies, than butter spread on the side of the bread. I think the bagel thing would have worked better, dip style, without being sliced, as they were, and in halves up and down. But then how to get some (expensive!) fish without it falling off?

Even with just two of them, the approach was crowded and awkward.

Conclusion? IMHO, having now seen them in action, I think the whole ”board” nonsense is about Instagram likes, and not about making guests feel comfortable and cared for.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County