SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_carlson82

Looking for a deck and patio design for a walkout lake house.

Lynn Carlson
last year
last modified: last year

My wife and I would like to add a deck and patio to the front of our house. The house was built by my wife's mother and father in 1986. They never had time to add a deck and patio. We would like to continue where they left off.

The house is 42 feet wide across the front. It has a lake frontage, and we would like to emphasize that in the design. The vision is to have a patio and a deck that spans the entire width of the front of the house. We would like to have an under-deck ceiling. On the right side of the house is an existing deck, and we would like that to connect to the new deck. Also, we would like to have steps on the right side of the new deck that go down to the patio underneath. Also, maybe steps on the left side of the deck going down to the patio if that fits a design.

I included some pictures of the house below. We would really appreciate any ideas or concepts and what it would look like with a new deck and patio.

Patio and Deck · More Info

Here is a picture of the house while standing on the beach.

And, here is a picture of looking at

the beach while standing inside the house.

Putting the firepit on the beach is a good idea and something we have thought about too. There is a sandy beach. Currently, the boat lift is sitting on the beach for the winter. We thought about putting a patio with a firepit around the birch tree, or another thought was to put it to the right near the row boat.

And the idea was also to excavate in front of the house to make it flat for a full-width patio.

Comments (7)