SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahbr2

Help with patio deck and hardscape design

sarahbr2
8 years ago

Cross posted in the landscape forum. Here are two hardscape proposals. I think I prefer the more squared version but I am not sure I love either (and I can't place my finger on why). Any thoughts or ideas on these? The pool won't be added at this time, it is just a placeholder in case we get one in the future (not sure why it is drawn on one plan and not the other). There is a slope from the driveway side to the opposite side so that the driveway is level with the first floor and the other side is a walkout basement, hence the retaining walls in the middle of the yard. We are trying to find a way to integrate these walls best and minimize them (if possible). The deck is level with the first floor, and below that is a paved patio area with a fire pit. There was an issue with the frost wall being poured below the basement hence the added frost walls (which will either be buried below the dirt or be built as 3 foot encased walls). Which do you prefer? Any ideas on how to improve them? I do want to add stairs in the double retaining walls. Would you extend the deck to fill in the missing "corner" and basically cover a bit more of the wall area? We want to minimize those walls or integrate them some way. Thanks in advance

Comments (4)