SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
regencywriter

Quartz "soapstone" that's a true charcoal?

Alyssa Fernandez
last year
last modified: last year

We're going for a "Plain English" kitchen with a warm, neutral feel, using BM White Dove on the wall cabinets and BM Gray Mirage on the island. The sinks will be warm white, the hardware will be Top Knobs ash gray, and except for a black cooktop, the appliances will be slate gray, with Pietra di Ostuni ivory (has some gray in it) limestone tile flooring. Overall, the kitchen is going to be soft white, light gray-green, and gray.

To ground the lighter colors, I'd like a darker countertop, but charcoal rather than stark black. I love the look of soapstone countertops, but out of all the counter surfaces we've had in the past, we liked quartz most–even more than natural stone, because it doesn't stain or chip easily–so I'm searching for a soapstone-look quartz.

Today, I looked at samples of Silestone Charcoal Soapstone and was disappointed. I liked the veining, but it was decidedly blue. Can anyone recommend a soapstone-look quartz that doesn't read as blue, but a warmer charcoal gray? It can be any brand/manufacturer.

Right to left, below: Silestone Calypso (close, but missing the veining), Silestone Charcoal Soapstone (too blue!), and Silestone Merope (also missing the veining and has a bit too much rusty brown).

For reference, my cabinet colors:

Comments (20)