SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

A very sorry little place for $425,000

mtnrdredux_gw
last year
last modified: last year

As I've mentioned, I am pretty sure we want a pied a terre in Boston when we downsize. Prob 2br/2ba. I don't know when ... DH thinks it is a bad idea as long as we have our golden (fair point), and our chicks in the nest are confusing our timing with their grad school plans, etc., Even so I look at listings at least once or twice a week. I have learned a ton. I know what the layout will be before I even open the listing. Even if it turns out I don't buy, I think I could now make a very savvy realtor, LOL.

As befits lovely leafy neighborhoods in major cities with 98 walkability, Boston is not inexpensive. But this sorry little place --- a studio with I think one sorry window in the entire living/sleeping space, and another so bad in the BA that they drew the blinds, has a measly 290 sq ft.

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Boston/21-Beacon-St-02108/unit-5D/home/9276809?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=recommendations_update&riftinfo=ZXY9ZW1haWwmbD01MDM0NTM2NyZwPWxpc3RpbmdfdXBkYXRlc19yZWNvbW1lbmRhdGlvbnMmYT1jbGljayZzPXJlY29tbWVuZGF0aW9ucyZ0PWltYWdlJmVtYWlsX2lkPTUwMzQ1MzY3XzE2NzE0NjI3NjVfNiZ1cGRhdGVfdHlwZT01JmxpbHJfc2NvcmU9MC4xNTAxJmxpc3RpbmdfaWQ9MTYyNTQzOTU3JnByb3BlcnR5X2lkPTkyNzY4MDkmcG9zaXRpb25fbnVtYmVyPTM=

It's contingent no less. I suppose it is very rare to find even the humblest of spots at such a price point, but really? It's not like buying a fixed upper where you can make something of it or a starter home you can add to. I have lived in a (lovely) studio once, but this?

Comments (50)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH